Thursday, November 10, 2005

Love Song for a Saviour

Greg Long's "In The Waiting" has been playing on my mind, over and over again since I first heard it last week. When I first Ken played it on my laptop, I thought it was a love song or something. I only realised that it is so much more than that when I analysed the lyrics..


Pain, the gift that no one longs for, still it comes
And somehow leaves us stronger when it's gone away
Pray, I try and pray for Your will to be done
But I confess it's never fast enough for me
It seems the hardest part is waiting on You
When what I really want is to see Your hand move


I want a peace beyond my understanding
I want to feel it fall like rain, in the middle of my hurting
I want to feel Your arms as they surround me
Let me know that it's okay to be here in this place
Resting in the peace that only comes.. in the waiting.


Time, time to let it go and just believe
Trusting in what no one else but You can see
Free, freedom from the fears that close me in
When I cant get beyond what I have been
But then again, the silence doesnt mean that I'm alone
As long as I can hear that I am still Your own


I want a peace beyond my understanding
I want to feel it fall like rain in the middle of my hurting
I want to feel Your arms as they surround me
Let me know that it's okay to be here in this place
Resting in the peace that only comes... in the waiting.

0 comments: