Thursday, November 24, 2005

mad about house

Did I mention the fact that I watched the whole season 1 of House just the weekend before my exam? Cant seem to stop watching. Hugh Laurie is really great acting as this doctor, Dr. Gregory House whose behaviour can border on antisocial, but is a really brilliant diagnostician. That differential diagnosis of his. Absolutely love the sarcasm.. and oh.. did I also mention that I Lov3 Jesse Spencer's (Dr Chase) accent. So cute, no? Aussies are cute wei!


Just quoting stuf here and there from Season 1 episodes.


--- Scene 1 ---
Dr Foreman: Isnt treating patients why we become doctors?
House: No, treating illnesses is why we become doctors. Treating patients is what makes most doctors miserable.


--- Scene 2 ---
Dr Cuddy: How is it that you always assume that you're right?
House: I dont, I just find it hard to operate on the opposite assumption. And why are you so afraid of making a mistake?
Dr Cuddy: Because I'm a doctor. Because when we make mistakes people die.


--- Scene 3 ---
Dr Wilson: People dont want a sick doctor.
House: That's fair enough, I dont like healthy patients.


--- Scene 4 ---
Dan's mother: How can you just sit there?
House: Because if I eat standing up, I spill.


--- Scene 5 ---
Charlie: C'mon, Jill - he obviously doesnt want to talk to us.
House: Oh, I was trying to hide it...


--- Scene 6 ---
House: Fever. Clinical depression does not cause fever.
Dr Foreman: She could be sick and depressed?
House: She's sick! Dammit, why didnt I think of that?


--- Scene 7 ---
Dr Cameron: You want me to ask a man whose wife is about to die if he's cheating on her?
House: No, I want you to be polite and let her die.


--- Scene 8 ---
House: You told me you hadnt changed your diet or exercise. Were you lying?
Samantha: Lying?
House: Does your husband have high blood pressure?
Samantha: My husband?
House: Yeah, see, if you're going to repeat everything I say, this conversation's going to take twice as long.


--- Scene 9 ---
House: Fine, I'll never do it again.
Dr Foreman: Yes you will!
House: All the more reason this discussion is pointless.


--- Scene 10 ---
Dr Cuddy: You're reading a comic book.
House: And you're calling attention to your bosom by wearing a low-cut top. Oh, I'm sorry - I thought we're having a state-the-obvious contest. I'm competitive by nature.


--- Scene 11 ---
Dr Cuddy: I cant believe you authorized this.
House: Really? It sounds exactly like something I'd do.


--- Scene 12 ---
House: I take risks - sometimes patients die. But not taking risks causes more patients to die. So I guess my biggest problem is I've been cursed with the ability to do the math.


--- Scene 13 ---
Dr Wilson: Carly was uncomfortable doing any more tests - I had to convince her to do that one.
House: Do you get that often - women who'd rather die than get naked with you?


--- Scene 14 ---
Ricky: He had knee surgery.
House: Right.
Ricky: About a year ago. And then he couldnt talk.
House: Right. Well, that happens. It's very dangerous operating close to the vocal cords.


--- Scene 15 ---
Dr Foreman: Your diabolic plan to convince the evil genius he's in the clear so that he'll let his guard down and make a fatal mistake, sure.
House: Well, it's clearly not going to work now.
Dr Chase: What evil genius?
House: If we knew that, we wouldnt need a diabolic plan, would we?


--- Scene 16 ---
Dr Foreman: 10 year-olds do not have heart attacks. It's got to be a mistake.
House: Right. The simplest explanation is she's a 40-year old lying about her age. Maybe an actress trying to hang on.


--- Scene 17 ---
Dr Cuddy: In the senator's condition, a spleen biopsy could cause sepsis and kill him!
House: Why do you do this to me? Now if I kill him, I cant tell the judge I had no idea of the risks involved.


--- Scene 18 ---
Dr Foreman: You want to cut into his brain?
House: Dangerous, I know. Especially as he's a politician, his brain's all twisted. But I weighed that against the risk of him stroking out before lunch.


--- Scene 19 ---
House: Someday there will be a black president. Someday there will be a gay president. Maybe there'll even be a gay black president. But one combination I do not see is gay, black and dead.


--- Scene 20 ---
House: Are you.. comparing me to God? I mean, that's great, but just so you know, I've never made a tree.


--- Scene 21 ---
Dr Cuddy: A brain biopsy can cause permanent neurological damage.
House: Uh-huh. Whereas tumors are really good for brains - make them big and strong.


--- Scene 22 ---
House: I'm not a baby expert, but I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to shrink.


--- Scene 23 ---
House: We're missing something.
Dr Chase: What?
House: If I knew that it wouldnt be missing.


--- Scene 24 ---
Dr Cuddy: You lied to them!
Mrs Park: He told us our son was dead.
House: It's only a white lie. Technically, all I did was call them a little early. Trust me, he'll be dead real soon. Actually, I saved you some rush-hour traffic.


--- Scene 25 ---
Myron: You got a pharmacy round here?
House: In the hospital? Could be - let's see if we can find it.



Like, duh...

1 comments:

Vas said...

Cant wait for the exams to be over...so that I can brag about my movie-watching frenzy!!