Monday, January 09, 2006
Going back to uni, or Bukit Jalil for that matter, eventhough exciting after a long hiatus, was initially nostalgic, and a little bit depressing.
When I first came back, the relative silence of my apartment was maddening. I was rarely alone last year, there'll be Michelle or Amelia over at my place almost every day. I was cleaning around my place, and whatever I do seems to remind me of them. I opened my closet and saw Michelle's clothes - her jeans, her labcoat, her shirts.. The way she left her stuff there, she might as well just be my roommate. I was in the kitchen to unpack my groceries, and I saw Vasan's Earl Grey tea sachets, as well as Ken's cute candles. There were momento's everywhere, it's like no one ever left at all.
I found myself missing the Sem 5's seniors that I never thought I would miss. Like TJ for example. It was a bit of a shock rilly, like a jolt back to reality. He's the first person I used to see when I enter the library last year, so it's rilly weird not seeing him around anymore. And there's Phang. Somehow, I kinda miss his booming voice, which is kinda strange, considering that we dont even know each other personally. *Sigh*
That was a week ago, and since then, I'm trying to cope with the 'weirdness' of IMU without Batch M203. I've been immersing myself with studies and with the mamak intervals, it's not so bad rilly. Nothing has been dull since I came back, there's been lotsa drama that it feels like a scene right out of Desperate Housewives. Haha, maybe not, but I personally think it's close anyway, minus the sexual liaisons and whatnot though.
1) We've been stopped by the police once <that was rilly scary tho it was an honest mistake!>
2) Paul and Ben had rilly bad food poisoning over the weekend
3) Jeremy's car brake decided to malfunction, so the whole system had to be changed
4) Iggy had rashes on his hands which was rilly bugging him,
5) I had to attend the Kuala Lumpur Coordinating Council (KLCC) meeting which I managed to escape after 2.5 hrs
6) Paul dropped his phone in the parking lot that day and it was ran over by a car....
And now, here I am, in the library again with my panda eyes on a Monday morning. God pull me through the day...