Monday, February 27, 2006

To say that last week was strange is an understatement. It's been awhile since I spent so much time with my batch mates. I used to be quite close to them, back in Sem 1 and in earlier Sem 2. I used to have lunch with a big group of them, and we used to go out watching movies in between lectures. But ever since I've been taking care of CSS IMU, I was often away from them. Lunch hours were filled with meetings and discussions. For once, I was alone. It was like that until the end of Sem 2, and sadly, it seems that now everyone's moved on and getting on without me. New cliques are formed, and I belong to none of them. The friends who used to come for sleepovers; we dont have anything much in common/left to say to each other anymore. We used to joke around and were a little more open with each other but now we're merely polite acquaintances.


Thing is, my time here is almost up. By this time next year, I'll be on clinical rotations and preparing for my last EOS in IMU. If things dont change, my fear is that, when we transfer to Strathclyde, I'll be quite a loner...


The orientation...
Fun started on Friday night, the last night of the juniors' orientation. I reckon we played more than them, our faces smeared with copious amounts of poster colours and hair white with flour. Definitely great bonding time for the whole batch, everyone began talking to people that they dont normally speak to in class.


Lifeline's Pro-Life Expo...
My weekend was pretty unproductive, except for the part where I went to Life Mass and helped out in Lifeline's Pro-Life Expo after that. The fact that currently there is no active pro-life movements here in Peninsular Malaysia surprised me. So.. needless to say, I'm quite proud of Nikki and Iggy for organising the Pro-life Campaign in uni last semester. I have to say, tough job, considering ours is a medical uni, and there are a lot of pro-choice people around. Anyway, helping Lifeline that day, even if only for a brief half an hour, was an amazing experience. I was sharing my views with mostly middle-aged parishioners who tend to ask a lot of questions, not that it's a bad thing. It's just that it's one of those rare occasions when I participate in intellectual conversations with adults other than my lecturers. Haha.


Celebrity encounter
After church on Saturday, we decided to play DOTA since Jeremy was around. And guess who I saw in a CC near Ajimal Razim?

Vince Chong from Akademi Fantasia Season 1. For a moment I was shocked, not because he was standing at the counter, just next to me, but because of where I saw him. Of all places, he was there? Pretty unglamorous place to be in for a (previously?) hotshot singer like him (previously cos I dont know whether he still is as popular as he was 2 years back). Nevertheless, quite cool seeing him. Used to idolize him a lot and voted for him numerous times when he was still in AF.

Anyway, every dota place was full, so we settled for supper instead and went home right away. It was too late for Jer to go back to Seremban, so he stayed at my place on Saturday night. Michie and Amy were there as well, and we passed time doing what we do best: lazing around, eating, and CSI-marathon. =b

2 comments:

Vas said...

U goose! Hugs.....

Thank goodness you didn't faint and memalukan yourself seeing him!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.