Wednesday, May 17, 2006

So, here's what happened today..


After a week plus at home, I finally get a life and went out for lunch with a couple of girls from high school; Lela, Sayn and Lala. Well, not just any girl, but the girls that I used to call my really good friends. I mean, not that we're not good friends anymore now, but after about a year plus not seeing each other, u noe what I'm getting at right?


Truthfully, I was quite nervous and self-conscious as I walked towards the table just now. I dont know why. I enjoyed the whole time we were there, talking, updating each other on gossips and all. But a part of me felt a pang of nostalgia and sadness too. We used to be quite close, we knew what's going on in each other lives, but now, we are almost strangers to each other. Of course, I do realise that it's quite unrealistic to expect everything to be the exactly the same, just like how it used to be when we were still in secondary school. There are a lot of things I didnt know about Sayn and Lela (they were the closest to me before in class). I didnt know Sayn's dad is now working in Labuan, I didnt know her baby sister Megan is no longer a baby, but already a 3 year old toddler. I didnt know Lela is in a serious relationship, it's almost a year now. Oh well, life is always like that right? Just that it's quite a depressing thing sometimes, to see people moving on, and lead a life that you know nothing about.


On a lighter note, I didnt talk that much. Not that I didnt want to, but my Melayu Sarawak is quite rusty. So, malu la bah. My sentences were a mixture of English and Melayu Sarawak, it's hard to express myself sometimes. =b


Anyway, I wish we could go out again sometime, it would be fun talking about the old times. A reminder of our starry-eyed days, looking at the cute Form 6 seniors...

1 comments:

vanessa said...

yes i know what you mean. it's like you're not part of each others' lives anymore, and everyone has different interests, different people in their lives. and all those old memories you still laugh about together also remind you ever so slightly that you are no longer making new memories together...