Sunday, July 09, 2006

Singing Sensation

Today is the happiest day of my life in IMU since the seniors left us, as cliche as it may sound. Maybe it's the magic of the Ikea's showroom, maybe it's the fabulous Swedish meatballs, I do not know. All I know is that I had a lot of fun. Thanks Amy, thanks Paul, thanks Jem, thanks Ben, and thanks Jamie, you muscle-flexing clown you. I have to say, I found it funny and amusing to find Paul so turned on by the fridges and coffee makers and kitchen counters. Who would have known.


Anyway, in the train, on the way home just now, Jem, Amy and I were happily singing songs and harmonising like we normally do. Softly, I have to add. There were these two Malay guys sitting just next to us, and I noticed that one of them kept on looking at us. Suddenly, he asked me, "Eh.. Amoi. U ada ambil kelas vokal tak?" In that fraction of a second, a million thoughts went racing through my mind, like "What was that supposed to mean?" Startled, I answered "Er.. tidak", and after a slight hesitation, I asked him "Kenapa?" Then he smiled and said "Oh.. Suara you cantik." I blushed and said thank you. That's one of the sweetest thing a stranger could say to me. I'm telling you, I could have made it big if I chose to be in the singing career track instead of medicine. Seriously. =b

0 comments: