Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The first thing I'm gonna say after being silent for a while is


Mr. Floss smiled at me yesterday. *Gasp*


Needless to say, I was stoked the whole day. I so need to get a life. Having said that, it's quite unnerving to have him nearby. I see him and his mates like on a daily basis. I thought it would be cool, but I'm disliking it by the day. Sure, has got its perks I guess. But I cant stand getting flustered and incapable of coherent speech when he happened to walk past. It's so geram-ing la, because I cant do anything to stop that. Sheesh.


Anyway, as usual, it's already the final few weeks of the semester. Have been having tests, and the extemporaneous dispensing is the one test that I'll probably remember for a long time to come. Why? Because I miscalculated my powder, a mistake that costs me 100 marks now, and probably costs a life in the future. Probably shouldnt be telling you that, the everytime-you-make-a-mistake-people-die part. You might avoid my pharmacy like the plague next time. But just to assure you, we wont be allowed to graduate if we make even one calculation mistake in the final exam.


My sister is already in Universitas Gadjah Mada, Jogja and my mum cries almost everytime we mention her name. Mothers. Her latest thingy is she and a bunch of other mothers are trying to stop the freshies ragging by the Malaysian seniors there. I heard her talking to another girl's mum yesterday and they were like planning to call up JPA and complain, write to newspaper and complain, you know, the works. She was like "I was the one who carried and gave birth to my child. I clothed and fed her and gave her shelter. Just who are these people here trying to bully my child?" Point is, you dont mess with my mom. I was both horrified and amazed at her yesterday when she said all that. You know lah, people tend to look at you one kind and kinda avoids you when you have mothers who complain like that. Haha. But I suppose I wont know what maternal instinct is until I have a child of my own. My brother, dad and I just looked at each other knowingly. But I suppose she has a point, getting all worked up about the orientation like that. Some kind Malaysian seniors actually managed to catch some the previous orientation on tape, and they showed it to my sisters and her batchmates, and any parents who happen to be there too. They were advising the juniors la, that they dont have to follow the 'cruel seniors' and do ridiculuous things and whatever la. I suppose IMU's orientation is rather mild then. The grossest(?) I've heard so far is eating the worms. The pharmacy 'tunnel', thinking in retrospect, wasnt that bad either.


Another thing is, my brother has become such a bimbo. I dont mean that in a bad way, not really. What I really mean is, he is such a teenager! Can you believe it, he wants to buy perfume for that particular girl that he likes, but he tak pernah pun give me a birthday present. Sheesh. Not fair hoh. I mean, she's not even his girlfriend. By right, I should get more presents, by virtue of being the eldest sis. Maybe I'm just being jealous right? I basically spent the last few days preaching to my brother. Kids nowadays. *Geleng kepala* It's not even 5 years since I left high school yet so much has changed. I dont remember being shallow like that when I was their age. Now almost every 15 y.o has a girlfriend/boyfriend. Sheesh. I've been telling him that it takes more than physical attraction. Dunno how many times my sentences start with "We people last time ar.." I remember thinking that I sounded so cliche and old. But it's true you know. Everyone his age now is just live for the moment kind of people. Celebrating a month one anniversary is now the 'in' thing. Whatever happened to good old "happy one year anniversary"?


People find it harder and harder to look beyond a person's looks. Everyone is so self-conscious about their looks. There's this competition to be the most beautiful, most stylish person in the streets, and this is especially true here in the west (west = peninsular malaysia) It's sad to think that one's self confidence is dependent on how other people see you. Why cant one just feel good, why cant just one be confident because you're you? Get what I mean kah? I'm glad I come from where I came from. People are more down to earth there, and more accepting. They dont really care much about your imperfections, which is quite nice really.


Maybe I miss home.

Oh, "Pupus" by Dewa is a nice song. Just discovered it somewhere in my Media Player.

6 comments:

ti3nD said...

hmmm dap...
dont be upset over pp dispensing larh... cheers up, kambateh yea ;)

cYbeR FiSh said...

now...who is this Mr floss?

Daphie said...

har.. har.. jerebu is gone, now go see mr. floss la. he's not on my list tho. jerebu was no. one. LOL.

Sheena said...

You made umai? How good can it be without a Melanau (ie. MOI!) to supervise you? And yeah, I feel for your situation with your brother. I told my brother that he should spend as much on his mother/big sister/little sister as he does on his girlfriend. I know he tries, but it;s not like I'm keeping accounts, right?

Sheena said...

And just to ngegeh: I'm celebrating my 2-year anniversary this coming 16th Sept. Woohoo! Who would've sangka...

Daphie said...

Hey babe..

I'm still a tribal person k. I can make umai as good as a Melanau. (eksen) Besides, u sure u can make umai kah? French toast easy peasy also dunno how to make.. remember? LOL. That was hilarious. Seeing PAUL teaching YOU how to do it. =b


Haha.. Ngegeh alu. Ngeso to the max man you. But in all seriousness, wishing u and CK happy 2nd anniversary!