Sunday, October 08, 2006

rumah ku

Yup.. I've been too free. Been taking pictures everywhere I go.
Today is, ermm.. was the second last session for Potter and Clay. (Already?!) It's quite sad really, knowing it's coming to an end. Initially, 2 months felt like a really long time, but I dont even feel the time passing by!
Anyway.. My P&C small group decided to go out for tea after our Bible Study today. We went to Rumah Ku Cafe and Gallery which was just next to SFX, just opposite the Universiti Hospital. The place is so cool! I like the whole theme.
Doreen, yours truly and Amy

Linda and my facilitator, Anne (the one in blue)

Ivan, Iggy and Jem


Our seriously sinful chocolate cake!

It was such a nice afternoon, it was nice being able to spend time with these people. Potter and Clay is amazing, in a sense that, it has people from all walks of life. We have fathers and mothers, lawyers, teachers, executives, a Jesuit brother.. and of course, undergraduates like us. From 20 year olds.. to 50 year olds. No kidding. In the beginning, I have to say I was rather shy and intimidated, having to talk and share my opinions with the working adults. I was afraid that my opinions would seem childish and immature. But I found out really, that there's hardly any generation gap, well not really la. There are certain issues that we all can relate to, like the quest for a deeper relationship with God. I think I've grown so much and feel very much taken care of by them.

Iggy said something that struck me as really nice today, "If you're looking for any companies to do attachments with, come check with us working adults first" or something like that la (Amy was sharing about her one week experience of pharmaceutical industry attachment then). My point is, I feel really blessed being able to call these older people (by that I mean late twenties to 30-ish people) friends, being able to come to them for help and advice. Finally it feels like I really do have a complete family here in my temporary home called Kuala Lumpur. It's nice being able to talk and be listened to like that, like your voice and opinions really matter. IMU, for all its achievements and grandeurs, do not provide one with much opportunity to communicate with the 'real world'.

I really thank God for Potter and Clay.

Oh. The fact that they're working and earning money already doesnt hurt too. Haha. Oh, and they do have nice cars. Ivan got a new job at Shell last week and he payed for our scrumptious tea fare. Nyah ha!

Sigh... I love my ministry. =)

4 comments:

-Di- said...

Dappppp!!! Don't go around eating sinful chocolate cakes and all..or else "THE MISSION" wouldn't be accomplished! =p

Darren said...

I know whats your mission.. All the best though... hopefully... =]

Sheena said...

YOU GOOSE, YOU!!!
I MISS YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH!!!
It's so sad, really, when Mich and I talk online, it's always abt how much we miss you guys... (And we had a good laugh over the magnet & the Iban girl thing, MWAHAHAHA!)

SWHAT' YOUR PHONE NUMBER??!
Add me on MSN, use my email address.

LOTS OF LOVE, LOVE, LOVE & HUGS!

P/S - I AM SO SO SO GLAD P&C IS WORKING OUT SO WELL. SEE, SEE, SEE???
PP/S - Excuse the caps, I'M JUST SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR POSTS & PICS!!!

Sheena said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.