Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I have come to a conclusion that I am curiously morbid. There was a fire in the SIPBS building this morning, that's Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences for you, and instead of fearing for my life, or my 90pounds worth of course books, I found it a welcomed break from the dispensary.


We were supposed to have a 3hrs lab session in the dispensary (dispensing medicines, what else?) and we were only there for about 10-15 minutes, when suddenly the fire alarm went off. I was dazed (thinking that it was just a fire alarm check), to say the least, but snapped out of my stupor when the staff started shouting for us to evacuate. I immediately followed the crowd out of the building. Even as we were going down the stairs, I could smell smoke.


We were all out, standing on the grass. Turned out the fire came from one of the sterile labs where some of my batchmates were working in. The tabletting machine caught fire somehow. Must be malfunctioning or something. Pity those who were in the sterile lab though. The wind was blowing like mad outside, and all they had on were the nipis sterile 'spacesuits'. But, after the firemen managed to put the fire out, their lab session was cancelled. Jealous. While we had to go back to our lab and continue dispensing.


Nevertheless, a surreal experience. I wonder how much did the damage cost. Some more the suits were taken out of the sterile area. Will take them a while to clean them I suppose.


Apart from that, my days here have been ok. As ok as it gets when u have a busy timetable that is. The thought of going shopping this weekend keeps me going though. ;b


Gah. I'm such a boring person.

0 comments: