Thursday, July 19, 2007

I got Lysander today because he reminded me of the books about loup-garou and vampires that I used to read. Must be the fangs. That or the fact that wolves are cousins of the loup-garous.




Anywayy...



My train of thoughts eventually led to the memories of reading this one particular book, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.





If you have not read it, you should. I kid you not. Now, I read vampire stories now and then just to give myself the creeps. And I remember I was particularly bored (READ: lazy to study) this one day when I was still in IMU, so I went to the library to pick up a book. I saw this one and took it home with me, thinking it was just a typical angsty, horror story. The blurb only mentioned that this girl dislikes this weird guy in her class, see. So I thought it was a light read lah.



Boy, was I wrong.


It took my breath away. It was one of those books that you cannot put down. It was one of those books that make you feel with them. The ones with the sad scenes where your heart breaks as well as you read on. In a literal sense. You know, like the feeling you get, when you get so caught up, that when something sad happens in the books, your heart throbs painfully as well. There are not many books that elicit such response from me, but Twilight is definitely one of them.



In fact, I found only one hardcover copy left in Borders KL a few months back, and it was selling for RM70, but I decided to forego in the end, in favour of two other paperbacks.



But as of today, ha, my burning zeal to get that book is back. Especially when I just discovered today that there is a sequel to Twilight.






If you want heartbreaking romance,
If you like the idea of star-crossed lovers,
If you like the idea of a gorgeous, strong vampire, made vulnerable with his love for a mere mortal,
Twilight is definitely the book for you.



Aiyah, point is, just go read lah. Very shiok book. My housemate, Di, HATES anything to do with the supernatural, but she loved this one. So.

0 comments: