Friday, August 10, 2007

Every wall is a door.

I am my father's daughter.



Sometimes I also feel like my father's son.



For as long as I can remember, he has been insisting that I learn the arts of being a handyman. Fixing leaking taps, broken toilet flushes, repairing wiring systems. He even made me stay with him in the hot sun one day to replace the flat tyre, while mom and sis get to go back home first.



Not that I mind really. Feminism ra ra. Ex-KMT student ra ra.



"You're a science student, think how to find a solution", he likes to say.


Despite the years of training *cough cough*, I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to oil door hinges. I've never done it before and I've never seen anyone doing it. I dont remember the doors back home creaking pun.



You see, my room door decided to show/prove its senility today by starting to creak. It's irritating, but I have no idea how to deal with it.



I suppose I could try oiling the hinges with vegetable oil? Oil is oil bah.



The door is driving me crazy.

0 comments: