Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I am surprised to find out that Generation X definitely does not refer to us. Not my generation anyway. All this while I thought that it was a cool term for the cool people/generation, i.e. the generation of the now 20+ year olds, i.e me, me, ME!
.
.
But, apparently Generation X is the generation after the Baby Boomers. The term doesnt sound as cool now that I know that the real Generation X-ers are now in their 30's to 40's.
.
.
Ah well.
.
.
I was ambitious enough last night to try to sleep earlier; I went to bed at about 10pm. I did this because
.
(a) I want to rewire my body clock. Forgetting what day it is, not a good sign.
(b) I was and am appalled by the unsightly dark rings under me eyes, which I've got a feeling that no amount of Clarins eye balm can correct if I go on depriving myself of sleep.
.
.
I ended up spending THREE hours tossing and turning in bed. I know because I kept on checking what time it was. I tried sleeping on my back, on my sides, on my stomach, fetal, but nothing worked.
.
.
Today I figure I'll be smarter and try to exhaust myself to sleep. For the good part of the afternoon I was up and about doing major cleaning and sorting the kitchen. Window sills, cupboards, everything was turned inside out. I smiled smugly as I sat back on the sofa after a hot shower, drink in one hand. Today I figure that I have to be more realistic and try to sleep only at midnight instead.
.
.
Well, it's been over 2 hours now, and guess who's still awake? I forgot to say, the drink I had in hand was Irish cream coffee. Go figureeeeeeee.. Now I have an aching and dying to get some R&R lower half, but a very much awake upper half. It's so maddening that I feel like I want to roll my eyeballs in their sockets, if I could. Just out of sheer boredom of looking around the dark room.
.
.
Na, sapa nyuruh ko gago maok minum kopi tek? (Melayu Sarawak translated: Na, siapa suruh u sibuk je nak minum kopi tadi?)
.
..
But, God bless kiasu 10m LAN cable, Amen! :) Pretty nice blogging lying down. I dont have to go alllllllll the way to my desk.

0 comments: