Sunday, September 30, 2007

I find it ironic that a man with a good heart has heart problems. Fr Marius, C.P. (i.e of the Passionists Order), the sweet old priest that I've mentioned a few times now, has been MIA for two weekends now because he's still recuperating from his recent surgery. He really made us feel welcome into this community, and he's so charmingly grandpa-ish. A priest with a good heart. Dont YOU think it's ironic that of all things, his heart is ailing him?
.
.
I hope he gets well soon, because it's been nice talking to him all these while, and it's really weird not having him around.
.
.
Anyway, a friend of mine came to see me this evening. We had a good chat, with her repeatedly coaxing me to get out of my (very comfortable and safe) nest, to join clubs (not clubbing, clubs), student union activities et cetera. "You only get to be in UK for one year for goodness sake." Her visit ended with her inviting me out for drinks this Wednesday, to meet new people and all. Of course, I gave her my standard line, "Ok, I'll think about it. I'll let you know."
.
.
Frankly all I wanna do is be as introverted as I could this year. Most of my academic years have been spent running here and there, doing various activities that require me to be outgoing. It never really stopped; from choral speaking to a brief debate stint, to fairly successful years as the school's public speaker, playing big boss simultaneously to the scouts association and Interact club. Then in uni years came CSS and being the editor for the convomag. I'm tired, y'know, and there were prices to pay. I just want to stay cocooned until I safely graduate next summer.
.
.
Maybe it's because I left home for so long now. The last 5 years that I've been away, only ca. 10 months were spent at the family home in Bintulu. I feel like an old rocker; I've had my share of fun and adventures (like that time during the luau party, I was dancing, when a guy came behind me and tried to dirty-ew-dance me. I wasnt impressed, especially when he had to shout flirtingly?! into my ears over the blaring techno), now all I crave is just some familiarity and comfort.
.
.
My friend was like, "Do you need me to get cute guys to appear at your door so that you would want to go out?"
.
.
Well, if they were already at MY door, I would just invite them in, make them coffee, bake something, and talk. Wouldnt that be much nicer?
.
.
But, that's just me, and I've become a dull person of late, so.

0 comments: