Friday, September 28, 2007

Mazel tov

My day pretty much started normal, until after a shower, when things start to come into perspective. Today was the officially the first day of my final year. My heart started pounding like mad, thinking of the new environment that I would have to adjust to, new lab partners, new everything. Even though we've been here for almost 4 months now, we hardly hang out with anyone out of our batch, purely because of the lack of opportunities. I mean, we did have to study throughout summer while everyone gets to play outside on the grass.
.
.
So, having to meet the home students today, the other half of the batch, is pretty much intimidating, for me at least. Intimidating mainly because I felt like hmm.. here we go again, proving our worth to our colleagues.
.
.
The previous academic years are nothing compared to this year. The amount of work is staggering. I found out the topic for my final year research today too; I'll be doing neuroscience (yay! I've got my first choice) under Dr T Bushell. The deadline is April 4th. Pretty short time, if you think about it, having only 7 months to complete the research and the write-up. The Biomed students get one year of research after all, while we still have to attend lectures and whatnots.
.
.
Part of this year's course also includes integrated workshop sessions with 4th year medical students from University of Glasgow. No matter how you look at it, it is going to be intimidating as well. Have to prove your worth prove your worth prove your worth prove your worth prove your worth prove your worth prove your worth prove your worth prove your worth prove your worth. Nevertheless, I know it's going to be a rewarding experience.
.
.
In a nutshell, fourth year is going to be hard because the integrated masters modules. The goal after all, is the Master of Pharmacy degree. It'll be a miracle if I survive this year, and I'm not saying that I cant, it's just that I know that I cant do this relying on my own strength (because goodness know lacking it is). God, I'm tapping your reserves.
.
.
Here's to a great final year. *clinks imaginary champagne glass with another imaginary champagne glass*
.
.
p/s: During the briefing today, the course coordinator made a faux pas. The funny thing is, as far as my eyes can see, only the home students noticed it and were laughing like mad. On the faces of my IMU counterparts, as far as my eyes could see that is, were merely blank faces, wondering why they were laughing. Hmm.

0 comments: