Sunday, September 23, 2007

I was just about 3 minutes into the movie Hills Have Eyes, when the most cun country song began to play; it's More and More by Webb Pierce. (Spooky how a gory flick got love songs like this in the soundtrack) The song is kinda sappy, but the thing that really gets to me about this song is the part when the lyric goes

"More and more I'm forgetting about you,
But oh how I tried to keep you by my side
And oh how I cried the day you said goodbye"


So, I got terasa a bit la, because just a few days ago I was debating with myself whether or not to put into words the things I was feeling/reminiscing about an old flame. You see, it was sort of a love triangle thingy. I had(/have) this friend whom I was very close to. He was charming, gallant, caring, and all those sweet things that easily turn one into goo. I fell hopelessly in love, and I thought he felt the same way too. Heck, everyone thought he was into me as well. Until one day, I found out, that he actually had feelings for this another close friend of ours.
.
.
Ouch. Anyway, ick, I dont want to go into the messy details. If u're that kepo, well, don't be.
.
.
To cut a long story short, I eventually had to play Dr Love to him. My heart was breaking yet I had to maintain a smile everytime he told me how he felt about her, yadda yadda yadda. He later on confessed his feelings to her (naturally, he had to ask his buddy, ie, moi, for advice before that, ow ow ow), but somehow, she's been leaving it just like that, never really giving him an answer.
.
.
It's been over two years now; he's still waiting. And just a few days ago, that mutual friend of ours, his object of affection, just told me that she just got hooked up with this another guy. I'm seriously happy for her, but at the same time I feel a bit sad for Mr Right Here Waiting.
.
.
For all the heartbreak (and the backing off) I went through, they didnt even end up together.
.
.
We could have been happy together(?). At the very least, it could have saved us both from getting heartbroken.
.
.
Hampeh dar..

0 comments: