Monday, September 17, 2007

Try something new today

I was just sitting idly that day, thinking about random stuffs. One thought led to another, and I found myself mengidam for the colourful bites the Perera family (Drs Jo & Jen Perera are also a part of our Catholic Students Soc) served us during the Christmas carol. They were three-tiered mini sandwiches, with layers of cucumber, beet and carrot. We jakuns were impressed, and it went like hotcakes. I mean, I always hear "red as a beetroot", but I've never actually seen one... apatah lagi makan one.
.
.
So, thinking about it, I decided then that I should make them too. For lunch. Because frankly I'm tired of ham sandwiches (I've been eating ham sandwiches since sem 1, so to come here and to eat them on a more regular basis is like.. ugh.). I'm also tired of tuna spirals, or pasta salad. Oh, rice is not an option, not unless you want to fall asleep during draggy afternoon lectures or lab. Besides, so mafan. (mafan = susah)
.
.
Oh, I managed to get my lazy bum outta the flat today. Went to the Modern Arts Gallery today for a short bit, I thought it was far from impressive. But that's not saying much, because that's the first time I've been to an arts gallery. So, maybe they were memang that blahh.. But seriously, I expected to see paintings, statues, or sculptures, but as far as the eyes can see tadak pun. Oh, but, but, the highlight of my excursion to the gallery was when this chivalrous (and good looking) stranger smiled, inclined his head and let me through the door first. Fuh, brownie points. I mean, it sounds common, but, just how many gentlemen have you met so far right? Heck, I've been tutoring my brother in the fine arts of mannerism, but I dont think it really got through to him.
.
.
Thinking of what to eat for dinner each day is such a drag...
.
.
Lookie, lookie, here's my beet n carrot sandwich. I didnt buy cucumber, so its missing another layer. Hmm.. Looks like cookies, but that's just because I used seeded bread to make it. It's yummy.
.
.
.
.
Cantik kan? Bah, mari kita tengok sekali lagi.
.
.

0 comments: