Sunday, September 16, 2007

The wind feels like home.

Man, I'm insane. I have been too engrossed with the likes of Monopoly, Alice Greenfingers, and Westward these past few days that I totally lost track of time. It was 4 last night, (or early morning), I was still up playing Monopoly because I couldnt sleep yet. I tried to read myself to sleep the previous night, in an attempt to sleep earlier and rouse wayy earlier than 1pm, but I ended up reading til late too, so.
.
.
Oh, but that's not the point. I was still up playing last night, and got occasionally disturbed by the strong wind and heavy rain outside. It has been raining since noon. Glasgow is rainy, but seldom that heavy. So out of curiosity, I went online to check the weather forecast for the next day, which I genuinely thought was Saturday, only to find out that it was already Sunday! It was already 4am, and I was still up when I had to go for the 10am mass at St Mungo's.
.
.
So doink one la. Finding out that it was a Sunday after all by fluke. Imagine if I missed going to church because I didnt know the day, that would have been the lamest reason ever.
.
.
I'm managing very well without my sidekick around. In fact, it's quite nice being left alone to my devices. :)
.
.
It is still raining. But I marched through the pools of water (and dirt) on the way to church anyway. And I smiled when I thought of what mum would say if she saw me. I would have gotten an earful for subjecting my jeans to further fraying at the ends.
.
.
The wind and rain last night felt like home. The only thing missing is the sound of the sea waves crashing the rocks.

0 comments: