Saturday, October 27, 2007

Begin the begin.

If I wasnt so lazy, I would be out now, buying ingredients to cook something up for tomorrow's church get-together. If I wasnt so lazy, I would be typing away the introduction for my research paper now. If I wasnt so lazy, I would not be just sitting here, watching one show after another. If I wasnt so lazy, I reckon I could get a lot of things done today.
.
.
But the fact remains, I am lazy. Exclamation mark, exclamation mark.
.
.
The weather is horrendous, by the way. Horrendous but still tolerable really, it's just that, I cant find a good enough reason why I should venture out there in the cold, when I can stay here the whole day in the comforting warmth.
.
.
We were just grumbling to Dr T yesterday, about how hard it is to get the ball rolling. Lack of creative juice. Writer's block, some say. We have 5 more weeks until the deadline for our introduction draft submission. Gasps of horror. Now, I know, I know I have this ability to crap my way to the 3000 words required, but, it is my final year project, and I dont think I can afford to be too blasé about it. Anyway, Dr T thought it would be a good idea to make us start writing something; so he gave us a mini-deadline. By 11.15am, Friday the 2nd of November, we would have to come up with a few pages of work about smooth muscle in general, as well as smooth muscle in context of the tissue preparations we are going to be using.
.
.
"I figure you guys will work better now that I'm giving you a new deadline. Just make yourself sit there, get in the zone, and get on with it. "
.
.
Ok, I promise, I promise I'll start writing tonight.
.
.
Random thought: I like our French lecturer, she keeps me amused through the dreary morning lectures.
.
.
I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to catch up with the latest episodes of everything, while getting things done at the same time. And believe me, the things that needed to be done were plenty. I have been religiously watching the latest seasons of Heroes, House, CSI:NY, CSI, Supernatural and Grey's Anatomy. I found two new tv shows too which are quite worth watching; Gossip Girl and Pushing Daisies. I like Pushing Daisies, it's so fantasy-like. Reminds me a bit of Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events really. Except, Pushing Daisies is probably the happier and less dark version. Gossip Girl, on the other hand, is fascinating. Admit it, the lives of the rich, biatchy and famous is intriguing.
.
.
Right, wish me luck. Mr Blue Eyes in my research group has already been writing up to a thousand words. That instantly got me weak in the knees. The fact that he's already that far along in his thesis writing I mean, not the piercing pair of blues.

4 comments:

Sudan said...

Apu sunz, lamak ku nda meda dik! Nama nda online gik nowadays? I miss you.

RP1.8 mil kami meli ya. You do the calculations. :)

kemari kami baked a butter cake. diempa kami for supper. 6 of us girls ate more than half of the cake. yum! texture ya baka banana cake.

Daphne Gima said...

hi jedz,

you sound more like a gal pal than a sista. :))

owh. i jarang online cos i dunno, no one to talk to also. k la, i'll go online more then.

enjoy ur new LG fridge jedz. and put custard bha on ur cream cake, very cun!

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Hi anak, anang ngelusu, nadai aku & dadi nganjung nuan kia ngasuh ngelusu. Enti last minute ngaga enggai ka enda mansau utai, pia mega bc salah legi, laban beguai.

Ni nuan agi main ba gym diatu? Aku sekumbang ke suah bejegau sebulan-bulan tu tak enda exercise. Nyau dusty treadmill aku di luar dia.Ia ga main makai seafood maya aku travelling - well ukai dik enda nemu, Sabah sigi kaya enggau seafood.

Kemari kami breakfast ba Atiyi, makai kam pua special and dadi makai laksa. Nyamai kampua special, aku laban ke begulai enggau laut travelling nyau enda makai jani ngelamatu, nya alai ketenguk amat. Beri Tika generous helping of char siu and lap cheong ba kampua aku.Sedap! And kemari aku manduk beef hitam, butter prawns and nasi briyani and sida Atiyi enggau kami tiga lunch. Siuk udah pulai ke rumah panjai enggau Mak Win. Sida Mak Win pulai laban urang berengkah nyungkur tanah sida ke endur nanam sawit. Tambah mega malam kemari sida ia bc makai selamat ba rumah panjai sida Endu - Endu bulih nyambung pelajar diploma tang Siuk enda nemu ba bidang apa. Aku bedau nanya Mak Win laban bedau betemu enggau ia sekumbag aku ke udah pulai travelling. Sida Mak Yi udah meli kerita baru, GEN2 and kancil ia di beli indai Birun, kena ia nyual kuih kenu.

Aku lelenggau meh ka pulai ke rumah panjai kelebih agi diatu abang Wa and Apak Yi bc di rumah tang enggai ninggalka Igat laban ia benung exam. So we've been doing what we do best these past two days - makai. Tadi udah evening mass aku nguluka Igat ngagai Hartz Chic buffet - mayar RM16.20 siku and eat as much as you want. Dini ulih makai mayuh, tambah ga kami duai enda tentu lapar. And the stuffs are not to my taste - a lot of fried food.I think its going to be my 1st and last trip there. Enti Igat agi ka kia aku ngasuh seduai ia Siuk aja kia.

Au, latest update, indai Ugos & Indai Kubu udah bebaik diatu, puji Tuhan. And sida ia sembiang belama tiap minggu.Puji Tuhan.

God bless and study hard.

Mami

Maie said...

Hi bonda,

Iya bah, I'll do my work. Biasa la weekends ngelusu nak? Laban asai ke bendar amat ngaga pengawa esp on weekdays.

Bisi la aku main gym, tang these 2 weeks jarang gik, laban terribly busy. Almost everyone I know been going, it's more like a social thing really. Haha. Enda puh deh diau ba rumah ajak, kelebih agi kami diatu maioh time to do our own work. Enda baka summer semester suba when we were in uni 9 to 5, sapa ka pansut maia udah lelak seari-ari baka nyak.

Ish. Balat dik mi berjejak kasih enggau Puteri. Lol.