Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Blue Danube

Somehow, I feel obliged to blog today. Knowing that I have a miniscule fanbase, in the form of moi Padre and Madre, who's anticipating hints of laziness my show of diligence in studies.
.
.
Yes, yes, I have been enticed by the strikethrough phenomena. Heck, even the gossip column on MSN been striking through a lot, so I figged, why not? Remind me not to be overzealous in its usage.
.
.
Hmm. Right. What did I want to say? Oh yes, minggu ini dalam sejarah.
.
.
I personally think the angkasawan business is so wasting money. Not to say that I dont appreciate the fact that we are kiasu and are continuously striving for a greater glory?/achievement. Not that I dont appreciate that he's doing this for scientific advancements. I do. And having said that, I do appreciate that he is cute too (seriously, go la find his picture). But, do we really need to spend millions of ringgit now? Sure, it's great to have our very own angkasawan and everything, but is it really a wise move? I'm not criticizing the powers that be. It's just that, I think it is not fair, spending that much money on space missions that is going to be rewarding in the long run, when we need the money here and now. Like, you know. Sambung bekalan air and elektrik to the rural areas for example. Make proper roads to those areas. Invest more in health promotion or something. I just think that, what's the point of us bermegah-megah about an angkasawan when there are still others within the nation who we can help with the money? Improve la quality of life sikit. Make it Boleh for everybody. Resources are scarce after all. Learn your econs man.
.
.
Yes.. Tanah tumpah darahku.
.
.
Moving on. I went for a ballet performance last Friday. The Moscow Ballet La Classique was in town performing at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall, so Di and I decided to buy tickets to Sleeping Beauty ballet, performed to the music composed by Tchaikovsky. Not bad, it was actually good. Though of course, that's not saying much since it's my first ballet experience. There was this part when the two of us jakuns were giggling like school girls, when Prince Charming made his appearance on stage - in tights. And I mean, real tight white tights. His gluteal muscles were ahh.. kinda impressive.
.
.
I want to watch the Fiddler on The Roof play next, at King's Theatre. Interested, anyone?
.
.
And my research is going ok, thanks for asking. Ok but doesnt mean I'm not struggling. Each meeting with our supervisor feels like a viva session. You basically go there to get quizzed about specific blockers for each calcium channel subtypes, the structures, and everything else pharmacology, up to the painful molecular level. Fridays, aka meeting days are now the worst of days. To say that this is my toughest challenge so far doesnt even begin to describe it. Ha. Workload is crazy. And oh, the journals to be read! Macam lah saya tidak perlu mengulangkaji lecture notes and do tutorial. <-- reformed sluggard.
.
.
Iklan: Bun, use la dictionary. :)) Answers.com
.
.
Another sigh. Is this post ever going to end?
.
.
Truth be told, I'm feeling rather restless tonight. Uneasy maybe. There are lots of people hungry in this world. I was just watching CSI season 8 the other day, and there was this scene at this shady-looking alley, when this homeless old man was walking, sandwich from a soup kitchen in hand. The poor emaciated (it means kurus kering, Bun) person was holding it like it was his most valuable possession. And in his situation, maybe indeed, that was the case. Then suddenly out from nowhere, came this another person, who tried to grab his sandwich. He was also as hungry. They scuffled but the grabber was bigger and younger. Mr Grabber gave a final yank and chomped the sandwich victoriously, scorning the old man with his eyes. The old man can only look at him helplessly, utterly shattered, with tears in his eyes.
.
.
And it made me squirm in my seat, to be honest. There I was, about to take a bite off my chocolate digestive biscuit, when bang, the scene came on.
.
.
It made me instantly sorry for the all the times that I've wasted food when many still go to bed hungry.

1 comments:

MicHieBuN said...

ahhhhhh i learn a new word....!! heheehe....
use dictionary.com la! ;P