Sunday, October 14, 2007

Guess who's a sucker?

Fictional characters, dont you just wish they are real?
.
.
Writers really should stop planting ideals in our heads.
.
.
I like the part when I found out that he's been trying to keep her virtue. I thought that was amazing. Virginity rocks.
.
.
But seriously, Edward Cullen has got to be the sappiest character that I know. Not that it makes him any less lovable to the fans (majority of them female, no surprise there). It's just that you know, really got such a person ke? A person who always, always want you to be happy no matter what the cost. A person who holds you while you sleep at night and not even try to do anything funny. Heck, he even can sing you lullabies to sleep. Ooh, and he can carry you while he's running as fast as the wind.
.
.
Then again, he's a vampire. And vampires aint real.
.
.
Crap, this wasnt meant to be a long post lamenting about the lack of an Edward Cullen in my life. Or possibly, in this world for that matter.
.
.
Nah, no one can be that perfect. It's just Stephenie Meyer messing with our heads.
.
.
And I havent even mentioned the equally lovable love rival. Go, dog!
.
.
Nope, werewolves aint real either.
..
..
She's doing a great job at it too. The messing our heads bit I mean. Three books all made it into the bestsellers' list, and now a fourth book coming out next summer?
.
.
Stephenie Meyer stop making me broke.
.
.
N.B. Maybe it's just as well, you know, the fact that I am still single. There's still so much that I need to learn about love, acceptance and patience. I know I can be less than charitable in more than one occassion, and I demand perfection, which I know is kind of a double standard since I'm nowhere near perfect myself. Until I grow out of my idealism, I dont think I'll be spiritually and emotionally ready. But I guess I'll overcome all these shortcomings on my part along the way. I'll start with friends. Until I learn to fully love those around me, I shall wait. Oh. This is just late night talk.
.
.
"Do not hope for less than a love that is strong and beautiful. Respond generously to God's call of holy matrimony. Love is possible." - Pope Benedict XVI's message for World Youth Day '08.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oooh~ Gooosee...I sooo want that book! Hehe. Lawa you in that purple baju kurung. Ayu gitu. Hehe. I'll be celebrating my FIRST Christmas away from home this year. KL is not that far away from KK, so can't really say I know how you feel. Wish you are here to celebrate with us though. Miss you lots dear~ Take care~

p/s: Updates mak cik!!

Daphne Gima said...

Goose apakan. Call me mak cik?! Best ba itu buku, u want it, u wud have to come to Bintulu to read it. Haha. The story is getting more n more exciting. Napa ba ko nda balik ni? The boys wouldnt go back either right? since their EOS is in Jan. Ba, u guys shud have a Christmas dinner like last year. Miss u too turd. Take care!


p/s: Eugene said hi. He was like, how's yr other half? I didnt realise he'll be graduating next year too.

MicHieBuN said...

HEYLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......
DAFEEEENIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....
ehehhehe...eh ur english is gettin better?? plz ler..simple and easy..so tat ppl like me understand... u dun wan me to go to dictionary.com just to look up on those HARD HARD words rite...
bleH~~ *rolls eyes* hehehee...
miss ya!!

amy said...

You still keep in touch with Mr.Mafia (Eugene)? The last time I talk to him was in msn months ago. Kirim salam balik. Hehe. Yeah, I am hoping that we have Christmas makan2 this yr, since this is going to be my first and possibly last Christmas in BJ. The boys punya EOS is on the 30th of Dec if I'm not mistaken, so kesian kan..

p/s:
1) AH BUN! Enjoying your bed in Kuching huh? *green with envy* FYI, Stifiny is still alive.