Thursday, October 04, 2007

I have a confession to make.
.
.
I think.... I.. have become....
.
.
A TV junkie.
.
.
Weakest Link at 5.30, followed by Simpsons, Hollyoaks, Coronation Street, and Eastenders. On Tuesdays there's CSI, Wednesdays Brothers & Sisters, Fridays are for Ugly Betty. Ok, granted, I dont actually watch all these shows, but the fact that I even know what's showing and at what time means that I've been unconsciously watching more tv than normal. Which is weird because I was never really big on tv. TV used to be banned on school days when I was still living at home, after all.
.
.
See, even my prized possession - The Junks, which hitherto have been sitting on their place of honour in my room, found a new spot; the sofa near the notorious black box.
.
.
.
.

Lecture got cancelled this afternoon because the MI staff (whatever MI stands for, Mungo's Infirmary??) who was supposed to give us the lecture couldnt make it. It was such a great day for the outdoors; the sun was shining (almost a rare occurence here, often cloudy or gasp! rainy) and it wasnt cold, that we had to go out and enjoy the remaining 2 hours of sunlight. So, we decided to go to Aldi, the brand new grocery store that just opened very near to our place.
.
.
The day got even better, because my housemate, May, decided to make rocky road ala Nigella Lawson (see, this is why we watch TV, to get our weekly doses of Jamie Oliver & Nigella Lawson). I call it the ang moh version of kuih batik. It was SO crazy good. I would have taken pictures for you to drool over, but my hands were sticky from chocolate and goeey marshmallows. And I was busy eating the crumbs too.
.
.
However good you imagine it might be, well, it's even better.
.
.
Wish you were here!

3 comments:

van said...

i wasnt allowed to watch tv on weekdays too!

and friends til i was 18. too dirty kononnya.

and i'm starting to look at chocolate with fascinated horror. sneaky evil.

-{CrybabY}~* said...

the cheese twists from aldi are seriously GOOD!
i dunno wat u got though...
if u din get cheese twists, u shd cry over it!

Daphne Gima said...

Van: U must makan chocolate too! =b

Neenee: YES, I know! Hui Mei (or was it Selene?) got the cheese twists the other day and raved abt how good they are. So we bought too. It's SO good huh.