Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Listening to: Snow Patrol

Just so you know, I think EBM (Evidence-Based Medicine) sucks. Not that I don't appreciate its importance, it's just that the poring through journals part is really draggy and tedious. :(
.
.
Heh, I wouldnt be me if I dont complain about something now, would I?
.
.
Guess what I made today for dinner? Caramel apple pork chops, that's what. It's a very interesting dish, you either hate it or you love it; to each his own. After a few days of self-debate, I decided to just go on and try it. Plus, I had a lone apple sitting in the fridge for weeks now, practically begging to be consumed. (I dont eat whole apples, yuck. I either mix them in salads or bake them.) Fortunately, I love the fruit and meat combo. My housemates surprisingly liked it as well. We were all huddled over the stove as I was simmering the caramel apple sauce, all wondering how it would turn out with the chops. The unfamiliar sweetness of apple sauce with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg. Turned out to be great stuff after all. Yay, go me!
.
.

.
.
By the way, have you heard about the writers strike? The Writers Guild of America started a strike on Monday because their demands for a bigger cut of the profits were/are not met. I dont blame them really, they pretty much create the characters and their witty lines we all love. Like House wouldnt be House if the writers didnt write those one-liners, right? Writers pretty much breathe life into these shows. But I do hope this gets resolved soon, lest I would have to resort to anime/reruns for some TV fun.
.
.
Speaking of which, I found another new show to watch. It's Moonlight by CBS, and it just started this fall as well. Watch it if you're into vampires like I am. The vampire hero in this show is oh so dreamy. Tall, dark and immortal. Hmm. I'm clearly in the wrong continent. The people here are mostly cute, blond and blue eyed; they're ok I suppose, if you're into that sort of thing/look. But, dark-haired dudes are the way to go. Seriously. Wrong continent.
.
.

1 comments:

Jeremy Gerard Nunis said...

Yummmmmmmmm