Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pyrexia

Something's been going 'round and now I'm sick. I practically spent the whole of yesterday lazying recuperating, and the draft for the research project introduction is this Friday. Gasps of horror!
.
.
I spent the whole day in lab again today, and I had chicken soup and half of a sandwich for lunch. I'm not really a soup person myself, but it was raining; I was cold and *ehem* I have a bit of a cold. Dr T wasn't in the lab to terrorize supervise us today; so the Italian, the Irish, the Highlander, the Ipoh-ian and I took an hour long lunch at Java. By the end of lunch; we came up with the brilliant idea of playing Secret Santa; the budget is one pound per gift. Then we thought of getting something as well for T, primarily just to get in the Christmas spirit, and secondarily, with hopes of maybe getting higher marks for our final year research project. We'll exchange the gifts on last day of term before Christmas break. I'll keep you posted.
.
.
My head has?had? been throbbing the whole noon; but I still haven't taken anything for it. If there's one thing that is generally true about pharmacy students is that we don't dive straight away for the meds when we get sick. In fact, I have friends who let their cough drag on for weeks. You'll be surprised by the number of us who just won't take paracetamol unless we're in the direst condition. I suppose 'cuz everyone knows that most common illnesses are self-limiting, and you take medicines really to not feel the symptoms. But having said that, please finish your course of antibiotics if the good doctor prescribed you some. You wouldnt want be saddled with the oft-talked about superbug, would you?
.
.
Right, I think I'm going to have a nice hot shower and make myself some instant minestrone soup. Yumm.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

daphie what shall we do for xmas?? do you wanna cook or eat out?

hehe..btw i havent the time to look up london stuff, but frm the looks of it accomo is a killer. Justin wont be there till 2nd jan also. Hmm im not sure whaddaya think

Daphne Maie said...

i wanna cook a lot of stuff, can?


so kita naik belon ka pergi london? let me know if u confirm confirm going k, n whether or not we'll be staying an extra day or two to bug justin. if rilly cant find cheaper accom. then stay with my friend joyce's cousin's place la hoh. oh, he's a guy by the way, but he said he wudnt mind. in return we all planning to cook for him la to balas his budi.

amacam?

Daphne Maie said...

ooh, and i forgot to say,


see u in nottingham this weekend!