Monday, December 10, 2007

. www.cosmosmagazine.com
.
'
Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you see it, this darling child is NOT mine.
.
.
I just found out that a friend of mine is expecting. We've known each other for at least 10 years now, we were first schoolmates in primary school, then classmates in lower secondary. I have a rather fond memory of us getting punished by Cikgu Bebola Api Mdm IL for not doing our maths homework, she made us stand outside the class throughout the maths class. She used to confide in me about a lot of stuff. It's weird, it's so very weird to know that a girl I once knew is going to be a mother.
.
.
I mean like come on, we used to do inane things like sing (and dance to )Limp Bizkit's Rollin in class. Play Bingo after end of year exams for lack of anything better to do. Eat Coki Coki together at the back of the class. Cuci mata, ogling Hayriel and the gang whose class is in the next block. And we were the only two KMT girls in the class, as we both used to share a mutual dislike for the girly girly ERT class with all the sewing and cooking and stuff. She used to listen to my tale of love woes, and I her.
.
.
If I can put a scale on the weirdness, it'll be a 10. The ultimate tenner.
.
.
To put things in perspective, those days weren't that long ago. It's only been about 4 years since we left high school. And the guy, omigosh. He was our senior, and I had like a miniscule crush on him back in Form 1, during the days when mIRC was the in thing. This guy here, who's going to be a father, we used to chat a lot in mIRC; digging up each other's dirt, becoming mIRC channel operators together. Man.
.
.
While they're off getting married and making babies, what the heck am I still doing here? While they're planning baby names, I'm sitting here, at my desk, worrying about the freaking drug delivery system exam.
.
.
Theirs sound more fun.
.
.
Myspace Quotes, Glitter Graphics, Hello Comments, Dividers, TagWorld layouts, and HTML codes

7 comments:

pat said...

wow..life is unpredictable.U are so lucky to have a good friend way back from your secondary school.Unlike me,aku nadai mayuh kawan.And,i guess my best friend is my husband laban kami duai iya dah bersama since aku form 4 and he's a year my senior.I wished we had known each other much much earlier.Hehehe..or maybe,I wont be attracted to him then if much earlier laban agik nembiak mit..kekekekeke

Daphne Maie said...

Hi Pat,

I admire you young mums lah. Respect wei. Ukai senang bisi keluarga dirik empu pelaba aku neh. If we compare my worries as a student to kitak ke udah nyadi apai indai, so trivial asai ya utai ke diirau kami.


Nyak la. Kaban aku nyak enggau laki ya sigi kala berpangan suba. Maya nyak pangan main2 ajak, kami agi sekul pemeri. Udah nya they lost contact, they only found each other again a few years back. And now they're married and expecting a baby. Sigi udah jodoh meh nama ya enti baka nyak neh.

Sheena said...

No offence, but spare me babies, and late nights, and work-stress of parenting and other milestones of adulthood.

I won't mind being a student a bit longer, just for the freedom of being able to skip coming into the hospital just because I can't wake up, or just plain feel malas. Besides, I still have a world to travel.

Daphne Maie said...

U GOOSE!


Which is why I said I respect those who already have kids, because I'm nowhere near ready to relinquish my relatively care-free life. But I still that spending time thinking of a birth plan etc is way nicer/more fun that studying. As in really studying tau. Not as in the things you do when you're not studying/when you're having your holi-year. ;b


Are you like planning to sneak out and go to WYD?

pat said...

Hehehe..Have fun while you can..If u are married,do not worry to have children..memanglah susah,wake up late at night,messy bedrooms,baby's poops,diapers and bla bla bla...you'll get used to it soon..once you have a baby,you'll feel like heaven,I mean,like youre looking into a small little angel that came out from you.Hard to explain..once youre a mother,you'll know lah...Life's more meaningful once you become a mother.

Anonymous said...

darling...sound familiar lah your post here...hehehehe...thanks a lot n love you michie muchie dear! ur more than a friend to me..we're like sisters ardy..my lil one is yours as well and for sure it'll be my pleasure for you to be my lil one's 2nd mummy..hehehe..will owes update u about my lil one.can't wait to know if it's a she/he...(hopefully it's a he) *wink**

Anonymous said...

oh ya..lupa nak madah who am i since im not a blogger ujung kelak salah org ko pk anta u comment tok..it's me abby hehe..btw, by end of dec tok will know the sex of my lil one dah.i can feel my baby moving a lot now and i'm soooo happy!take care ya dear n keep in touch...

xoxo
abby