Monday, December 03, 2007

M205 Jersey No 14

The fact that I spent two nights sleeping in a bus is by far the most interesting thing that happened to me last week. Nottingham (Uni) Malaysian Society held its annual Malaysian games last weekend, and it's reportedly the biggest Malaysian gathering in the UK. Glasgow was sending their team (made up of Malaysians from both Strathclyde and Glasgow Uni's) to Notts, so I thought I'd go too, to bersiar-siar support them. Which was basically why I spent a good portion of the two nights sleeping in the bus. We left Glasgow at like 1.30am on Friday night to make the 5-6 hours journey south.
.
.
We arrived at Notts at like 7.40-ish in the morning? We got off the coach and wham, there were Malaysians everywhere. There was another coach in front of ours and they were either from Aberdeen or Edinburgh, I cant remember, so they went like, "Oi, kiter orang sekampung. Kiter orang sekampung ni." Then they went to the Sports Centre carrying two Scotland flags. *sweat*
.
.
And guess who I saw in the toilet within 10 minutes of stepping on English soil?
.
.
Alamak. Another orang sekampung. Technically. Kuching is not that far from Bintulu what. It was super weird. Of all places, the toilet! Great seeing you again, Mich, you goose you! See ya in 3 weeks.
.
.
.
.
And then within 30 minutes, I met my old roll-in-the-mud-fellow-scouts buddy (he was the president before me) cum 1119 classmate for 4 years cum my distant cousin dont know how many times removed. I havent seen Ojack in like 3 years? He's currently doing his bar in Cardiff.

.
.
Within an hour, I met my godbrother. I saw him just over the summer, 'cuz I went to visit him and his family in Aberdeen.
.

.
.

We ate nasi lemak and it felt so good. It's been a while ok. We ate karipap too. We ate cekodok. We ate kuih lenggang. We ate sate ayam. We would have eaten some more but we were full. The best part was I didnt have to spend a single dime, but they were on Ojack. I didnt mean to bully him or anything, honest. Haha. I wanted to buy but then they were too full to eat more. He gave me 3 Mamee Monster keropok. Osbert gave me a strawberry cheese tart that he made the night before. I didnt know we were exchanging foodstuff. If I knew I would have thought of something as well. ;p
.
.
Notts is a beautiful city. It's prolly most well known for its Robin Hood tale.
.
.


Robin Hood statue






.

Like I said, I heard Notts is pretty, but I really wouldnt know, 'coz I didnt go out to the city myself. I actually stayed in the Nottingham University compound (which was massive) the whole day. The above pictures were taken by my housemates who took the city shuttle to sightsee. I was contented with staying at the Sports Centre the whole day, sipping cappucino and watching the basketball matches.
.
.
Also because one of the Dublin players was uber cute. And he's good. The best part is when he looked up and smiled at moi(!). Well partly because I was standing next to his friend la, so. But still, a smile is a smile. I was so sad when they didnt manage to go past semi-finals. Ah well, it was fun. Brought back good memories of watching IMU Cup basketball matches.
.
Dublin vs LUMBC


I spent the remaining 1 hour in Notts feeding my tamagochi, Osbert hot chocolate and nasi himpit and kari ayam. He was hungry by then. I was sorry to see him leave. :(
.
Glasgow Uni Mal Soc
.
We only arrived in Glasgow at like 2am early Sunday morning. I've never been so happy to see my bed.

0 comments: