Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas eve. I was supposed to wake up only at 11am today, but it wasnt even 9, and someone was already calling me. It was Ojack, it was noon Malaysian time, and he was with my younger sis and bro, eating cendol at Yen Hong. Miraculously, the latter two managed to escape, because knowing mom, there should have been lots to be done; the cooking, the sprucing up of the place, the cleaning. The three (who by that stage were having their second round of cendol), talked to me and I found myself alternating between getting misty eyed and laughing.
.
.
Then I called home to check on the F&M, and I was greeted by dad who immediately complained about mom so busy about cooking and cleaning. Then I spoke to mom and she was also complaining about how tired she was. I was amused because it's the same every year. I was telling mom to be more a Mary than a Martha, but she didnt sound convinced. ;)
.
.
Obviously after all the calls, I couldnt sleep anymore, so I got up to make breakfast of Singapore fried meehoon. Mich came from Dundee yesterday, so, I have a tamagotchi to feed, see. ;) I have no idea yet what I'm going to do tonight, except for the fact that I'll be going to Midnight mass at St Mungo's at midnight. (Because St Mungo's the only church I know so far who have the Midnight mass at midnight. St Anthony's church, Bintulu has the Midnight mass at 11pm ha ha.) Su May reckons we should just get oven food like pizza, mozzarella sticks, hotdogs etc and watch Christmas shows on the telly while waiting to go to church Our grand Christmas dinner isnt until tomorrow night, see.
.
.
.
.
Anyway for the dinner, I will be roasting my own turkey, and it's a first. Nevertheless I'm hoping to surpass mum's turkey. Joyce, Eunice and I spent like 3 hours in Tesco Extra yesterday, buying pork joint, bacon, fruits, vege's, party napkins, bouquets of flowers, bottles of liquer, sparkling water etc. Let's just hope I still can stand straight at the end of Christmas day, after all the preparations due tomorrow.
.
.
To all friends & blog readers, I wish you a very Blessed Christmas and a Holy New Year.

5 comments:

~ming~ said...

Dah-pe-ne!! Diam diam ubi!! I just saw the video that XinHui took of you guys carolling at our place (while LeeYin and I were off gallivanting at Kiruna) and boy, love your voice!!

Merry Christmas babe!

~ming

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Hi honey, been off the blogging path since I've been Marthaing for the last one week. We just got back from Miri to send Met off - she's taking Air Asia to LCCT and connecting to Solo at 4.10 pm today. Diane will be flying with her and Pak Armando will pick them up from Solo this evening. Tired but mata enggai tindok - dadi is snoring. We had a wonderful brunch at Aunty Jenny this morning - we had ham, bbq spare ribs, grilled salmon, grilled tomatoes, mashed potatoes, chicken kachama, bacon and sausages. Kasih seduai ia Jill tumu angkat mela kami. Will call you from Atiyithis evening, we will be having a bbq there, Apak Chin sponsor.

BukBuban said...

Fafi - hv u receive the tt transfer bucks pls cfrm. You hv not cfrm yet

Cokelatrawkz said...

Merry Xmas dear darlin... Wishing you a blessed one, don't sinu sinu ngenang ur family here OK? Mwacckss!

milocup said...

Turkey womannnnnnN~~!! Some orgasmiC turkey that was.... mMM~~