Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Kes Semun

As it happens, there is a domestic strife scenario here.
.
.
And I'm smack right in the midst of it. It would be great if we could just all pillow fight each other silly to let go of some steam. Then perhaps we could finally just let it go and be best buds like, forever and ever.
.
.
Heh. Rrright.
.
.
.
.
I'm reminded again of how much I have mellowed down or matured, if you like, since say, a decade ago. At age 9, I spit a girl in her face because she bullied a friend who came crying to me when I was trying to read. My sister and I fought like crazy when we were younger, we bled each other out. We bit and scratched each other, and banged the doors at each other's fingers. Tears and blood.
.
.
And now someone du lan me and I'm staying quiet to avoid further aggravation. Well semi quiet lar, letting off steam by writing is therapeutic after all. Sigh.
.
.
In a way it amuses me to have all these domestic discords. Because it's so freakin predictable and expected. I have yet to stay in a house where we dont have some kind of conflict or another. You're bound to rub up each other the wrong way when your personal space is confined to the small square that is called your room, and having to share everything else with a few other people. Especially when you have different standards of cleanliness or ways of doing things. Like how you (and by you, I mean I) would want the dishes immediately washed, whereas some people do not seem to think it is a problem to leave em dishes piling up in the sink for days on end.
.
.
A major reason to be discontent, this. I tak sedap hati with you, you get defensive and du lan me, and then I also du lan you back. Adeh. Ok. Maybe I'm not that matured after all, considering how I am slightly reciprocating the feelings of du lan-ness.
.
.
There was this one time when I was on the receiving end. I stayed with a close pal towards the last few weeks of my IMU Phase 1 course. At that point in time, I just moved out of my place and needed a place to stay for a few more weeks see. Now we were/are very close, the two of us. Which is why, as much it hurt when she said with such vehemence, "Paling I benci tau if you guys leave your coffee mugs unwashed. It doesnt even take you a minute to wash your mugs before you run off for lectures.", I was amazed by her frankness and loved her for it. I never left anything in the sink anymore after that.
.
.
And it's also amazing because incidentally, she was that girl that I spit on many years ago. What doesnt kill your relationship can only make you stronger. Perhaps that is also why I fought and fought with my sister, because we both knew that no matter what we did to each other, we'd still be okay. Blood is thicker than water and stuff.
.
.
Though unfortunately I dont think the same could be said about my current situation. I do not dare to say much else to the person in question, for I fear that we cannot take it. For all you know we won't be talking to each other anymore if I bring up the issue of my ketidakpuashatian. Besides it'll look like we're ganging up on her. And God forbid it should look that way. And I dont like confrontrations.
.
.
Rest in peace, strife.

8 comments:

van said...

kamek pikir kitak sik bes kat org sik mau bersih rumah untuk housekeeping inspection. udah habis sik? kamek nangga blog org lain baru nulis tuk, bhs swak kamek sik boleh jalan juak. givap wei. cam bm, hokkien, mandarin kamek.

in what context does one use 'madah' again? damn familiar but i cant put my head around it.

kamek dah start blog baru xanga.com/sleepwalkintalkin, iboh link, kamek shy, dont expect too much.

n this was daaaamn tiring i tell u.

ps that imogen heap clip was crazy!!! thanks. i was blown off my feet.

cikgu bm kitak said...

oi van,

bangga nar kamek nangga kitak sedang mencuba klaka melayu swak tok. madah maksudnya memberitahu. aok. spot on teka kitak. kamek tiga di umah tok sik puas ati ngan nembiak sorang ya, sebab nya sik pernah maok polah kerja bah. like malam marek nak, the night before The Day, nya langsung sekda molah apa apa tauk ko. ney ndak kamek orang manas nak?


but anyway, we passed! woohoo.


ok, kelak kamek visit blog baru kitak. btw, eunice ada madah ngan kitak kah pasal mlm esok? cancel dah kinek tok, kitak dah tauk kah?


i know man. she's just amazing.

Malay chick wannabe said...

apa bahasa sarawak ni? i read until pening la...hahaha..eh adik oi..jangan bergosip di blog...you enggak tau siapa yang membaca tau..nanti kena gigit kat buntut...LOL

MicHieBuN said...

wuuuuuu ur post is so... erm.. erm... so how is that gal???
its HER!!! I NOE!!
ehhehehe...WTH...
the gal that u spit on ask u to clean the mugs.. than u clean since then... HUH!! i din noe she has such a big impact...
one ear go in...one ear go out la..
she will hav smth to shout about everyday ler..no difference ;P
eh wad happened to ur hair?

MicHieBuN said...

i din try to type bahasa sarawak..
it will turn out like shit :S

cikgu bm awak said...

oi minah,

fail la u. cakap bm pun u tak reti. enggak tu bhs indonesia dar.. i maner ader mengumpat nie. meluahkan perasaan i je pun tak bley ke? (ish.. geli i hear myself speaking i you i you.)

michiebun wa si lu e sui peng you said...

my post is so what what?


hehe. eh, really bah. that girl was really geram that time, so i pun paiseh la, thats why i dengar what she said. cuci cawan terus. but if she asks to sapu lantai... samo that time only the two of us at home, no ah chang or lisha or amy or u to 'absorb the impact'. so i just obey la. =p


my hair is still long. i hate the split ends. no matter what i do they always return wan. i feel like just taking scissors and snip snip them off. but that will be disastrous.

Stella said...

i know who the girl is i think...:)
heck, u didnt have flatmates that left food so long that there were maggots in her room and we cleaned it out!