Thursday, January 24, 2008

Listening to: Mat Kearney

Let me count the ways in which today has been a particularly good day, considering the crappy days I've been having earlier this week.
.
.
One, I had a dream that this German dude asked me out. Muahaha.
.
.
Two, I had maggie goreng for breakfast. Guilty indulgence. Got me through the whole day in lab.
.
.
Three, my rat bladder strip today worked so well - I could cry. Yesterday I wasted FIVE hours waiting for the darn tissue to contract properly.
.
.
Four, my 3kg Amazon parcel came!
.
.

.
.
At long last! I've been dying to get that Angela Carter's Book of Fairy Tales. I've been eyeing it for what, 2 years now? MPH Midvalley and Kinokuya KLCC selling it at RM70++. I saw it on Amazon and it was cheaper, so I bought it. Ah, jubilation.
.
.
My Mat Kearney and Joshua Radin CD's were in the box as well. I looked everywhere for these two, but being not too mainstream music, they are impossible to find in the music stores here. Or back home for that matter.
.
.

.
.
Five, the Stephenie Meyer books came as well. And I mean books, lots of them.
.
.

.
.
Can open kedai sudah. If you must know, I'm so pleased with myself because I managed to suck more people into my Twilight series madness. I told my housemates about it, they loveee it as well, so they bought the books too, which is why you see so many of the same books above. The movie adaptation is coming out of end of this year I heard.
.
.
Anyway, do yourselves a favour - pick it up and read it. The book is a masterpiece.
.
.
And now my bookshelf is full.
.
.
.
.
Finally, five, I managed to find other two CD deals at HMV. Bought a Regina Spektor and Gomez. So many indie music, so little time left to buy..
.
.
And hey, short hair. Whadya think?
.
.

6 comments:

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Apu, what did you do to your hair? huhuhuhu..Sabak kangau aku, munyi tu "sayau dik buok, udah dipampas enggau naka ia, sinu aku buok, nadai meda nuan begelong agi, what maggot came to Maie's head buok, ti ngasuh iya muai nuan..oi oi oi oi hoi hoi..."

Daphne Maie said...

Haha. Apa la u mum. Drama alu. Enti aku enggau Sudan nyabak kangau alu bejagang nuan, ngumbai kami duai tuyuk.


But seriously, why not cut hair deh? No worries, I didnt do anything to my hair - yet. I tied my hair and made it look like I have short hair, that's all.

Sunti said...

AAH!!!! You cheated me!

Cut! Cut! Cut! Cut!

Seriously. CUT! nyau biak gik mua dik. Can pass for 18/17 yo. Almost.
Hehe!

I also wanna cut my hair. Super Short. Again!

Daphne Maie said...

hey sunz,

that's revenge for u. for that time when u fooled me into thinking that u got urself a wig. ;)


yes, right? i'm SO gonna cut it short. aram meh, sama2 pandak buk tua. awak ka indai tua manjong. hehe.

van said...

ooo, short hair! yeah go do it. also, it dries easier in this darn cold. on the minus side, u lose yrself a scarf.

ah, amazon! i could totally get u annoyed by saying that strath lib has angela carter but it's the red chamber... tell me how this one goes, u got my interest up! but eh next time u wanna buy album tell me first, cos i can go past firewall n download. for example, if u need regina spektor's other albums. that said, i am so ripping joshua radin off u. i hope u have no copyright indie artist qualms...

Daphne Maie said...

Joshua Radin rocks. His album is so mellow - I like. Mat Kearney is even better I think. I have no qualms whatsoever hohoho, so u have a go la at both albums.


Oh, you're using the tunnel client or whatever that thing is, is it? Cool. Haha. I've got a feeling I'd still buy the albums even if I can download them. Some songs are like collectibles. ;p


Anyway, try this song by Imogen Heap. She's a superb performer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSIbfzK2spg