Sunday, January 13, 2008

Truth be told, I'm filled with restlessness. And if I'm completely honest, also a slight sense of fear. Oh, and panic too.
.
.
Mich told me over coffee today about her getting a place in Scotland. As in placement in the hospitals. It reminded me of the fact that I have no plans just yet. Well, actually I sort of do, but.. whatever decision that I will eventually make, I cant predict the consequences just yet and that just scares me. So so much.
.
.
Sigh! To say this is the biggest decision that I would have to make so far is an understatement. Life beyond this very comfortable stage in life.
.
.
"What is life?
A thousand roads, a thousand ways
Why am I so afraid to move?
I crossed the line
I'm stepping out so come what may
I give it all 'cause I'm drawn to You."
.
.
"I cant deny Your very presence is my life
and why would I ever turn away?
Cause deep inside I know I cannot rely
On anything less than faith."
.
.
"As long as my heart is beating,
Where You lead me, I will follow
Where You lead me, I'll give my life away
Where You lead me, I will follow
Forever and a day
Forever and a day"
.
.
-- Mercy Me's "Where You Lead Me" --

5 comments:

Sheena said...

Close your eyes, grit your teeth & jump. You & me :)

"The long awaited rains,
Have fallen hard upon the thirsty ground.
And carved their way to where,
The wild and rushing river can be found.
And like the rains,
I have been carried here to where the river flows, yeah.

My heart is racing and my knees are weak,
As I walk to the edge.
I know there is no turning back,
Once my feet have left the ledge.
And in the rush I hear a voice,
That's telling me it's time to take the leap of faith.
So here I go.

I'm diving in.
I'm going deep.
In o'er my head I want to be.
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow.
In o'er my head I want to go.
The river's deep, the river's wide, the river's water is alive.
So sink or swim,
I'm diving in.

There is a supernatural power,
In this mighty river's flow.
It can bring the dead to life,
And it can fill an empty soul.
And give a heart the only thing,
Worth living and worth dying for, yeah.
But we will never know the awesome power,
Of the grace of God.
Until we let ourselves get swept away,
Into this holy flood.
So if you'll take my hand,
We'll close our eyes and count to three.
And take the leap of faith,
Come on, let's go!
"
- Dive, Steven Curtis Chapman.

Yannee said...

I feel the same way. My life is in my hands and there are decisions to be made that will shape my life thereafter... gosh, I really hope I can't be too wrong about this.

Stella said...

There are no wrong choices, just different paths leading towards the same end! :)
Come Hong Kong..Daphhhhh..

Daphne Maie said...

Sheena,

Thanks a bunch, goose. And I love that Matt Maher song that you put on your blog!

A note of randomness: Mich and I were in church that day and we were thinking, if u were there with us, you would go crazy because they play all the slow, traditional hymns.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
screwgynNee,


I know. Scary right? Not knowing where we will end up after we finish this July. But, I think we'll be okay. It's just that, cant help feeling apprehensive hor.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Stel,


I'll die in Hong Kong. Haha. The only thing I know is "kao meng". Oh and "kai fun". I'll be totally lost in the sea of Hongkee faces. ;p

Stella said...

Daph, I dont know much when i came too.. but i know food names hahaha
PS: the boys all damn cute la