Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Dap vs Urang

So. Basically everyone's pissed because of the curious fire-alarm trigger incident in the early morning time. So and so was apparently cooking (and burnt sump'm sump'm) at the ungodly hour of 5 am. Ok so it was around 5.40am. Still not an entirely pleasant hour to be waken up by the super loud fire alarm, scrambling around in the dark for a jacket, and finally to stand outside, waiting in the cold. (i didnt really mind 'cos i liked the cold. but woe to those whose teeth were chatterin)
.
.
Thank goodness for the eye candies living in the basement floor somewhere. I think. 'Cos the firefighters today looked dazed too. I suspect they were sleeping on-call. And it was amusing to see everyone with bed hair (i'm having a hard time trying to say that bed hair is sexy like acclaimed, 'cos it was so not) and squinted eyes.
.
.
The last time this happened I was 18 and it was 2am. The dude next door was hungry so he made popcorn. And it got burned. 4 years laters, at 5. Nevermind the fact that I was supposed to wake up at 6am anyway. After the fiasco, in an act of (self) defiance I continued sleeping until 11.
.
.
Maybank sent me an email today and it looks like the stakes are getting higher. 4700 + a lifetime of love and support vs a decent mpharm at the very least. There are some mistakes in life that should never never happen (i'm not talking abt babies or shotgun weddings), if only to avoid broken hearts. If not for myself, then at least for them. Money I can attempt to pay back. But oh the expectations. The only thing that they could possibly want in return. I don't think I can handle it if even that, I can't deliver.
.
.
Oh, wherefore art thou, the smug day when I look back at all these journals searching and furious typing and struggling with statistics and sitting with trepidation in trevor's office awaiting thesis feedback? Please, let that day be smug, and not regretful. Let me be goyang kaki-ing (another bm word that i murdered) somewhere in the sun with a strawberry daiquiri in hand and be smug.
.
.
But Padre Augustine (who's intimidating and fascinating at the same time) always say.. just thinking about it wont get you anywhere. It needs work. And really, there's only 8 more weeks to work (yep, you saw right. only 8 weeks to finals. i've been counting to instil fear, because fear begets diligence). After which I could only pray that my efforts, and dare I say it, including the lack thereof, will be sufficient to carry me through.

2 comments:

cYbeR FiSh™ said...

*chills*
ooo...daph,stress installation successful...oo...stress giler.

but i'll be leaving for mua amsterdam trip anyway.X)

Daphne Maie said...

haha. chill. i've been trying to scare myself. memang successful but it's still hard to get myself to actually do work. ;)


have fun! magic mushroom!