Thursday, March 06, 2008

the ernst

The other day I went to this seminar session on Complementary Alternative Medicine (e.g. homeopathy, acupuncture, iridology etc), by Prof Edzard Ernst. No, I didnt go because of the lure of cheese and wine. I went rather willingly. There was a good turn out from the lecturers (distinguishable from the postgrads and other lower forms of life undergrads, as they are the ones with the coffee mugs in hand)
.
.
The seminar was an eye-opener. Though I have to say I wasn't too happy with Herr Ernst (he's German) brushing off faith healing as mystical nonsense. Naturally. Just because something is inexplicable by the human minds, you know.
.
.
But dang, I didn't know that he's that big a shot. He has a wiki page all for himself. And in my book, that makes one rather impressive.
.
.
But I suppose I should have known, from the way the floor readily engaged themselves in heated discussion with him after that. Controversial scientists are famous ba. Ask Freud.
.

0 comments: