Sunday, March 16, 2008

Singles Ministry

It's one of those nights again. Sleepless. I ran out of familiar blogsites to read, and one click led to another, I suddenly found myself on the catholic.org site, and another extra click on a link led me to catholicsingles.com.
.
.
Not that I'm getting despo-ly single on you, mind. It's just that I find it mighty interesting that catholic.org, which I personally liken to CNN of sorts, the Catholic version of CNN, actually endorsed the matchmaking site. Ok, any other matchmaking sites, or would a more apt and politically correct term be internet meeting places for singles, I'd still be surprised. Just because the whole idea of pairing off macam not in tandem with the catholic.org contents. I mean, after all those articles on pro-choice politicians, heavy duty canon law issue stuff, you get the idea, matchmaking seems almost frivolous. But that's not really the point.
.
.
The point is, I find it interesting that matchmaking, while not so obvious, is actually regarded as a church ministry (to some). It's making me rather curious, what's with the compelling amount of evidence lately that some people can sometimes make these relationships work. I'd be scared, I think, you never know the studs from the duds. I wouldn't know who to trust. But I suppose, it being a religion-based site, it might be less dodgy. Maybe.
.
.
Anyway, if not for the $8.33/month catch, a few months from now I'd probably be ready to report about my first hand account of the met online lurve. Now that'd be interesting.

1 comments:

Puteri said...

Daphne, anang enda nguji .. giga ka bisi free 2 weeks trial .. haha, enti bisi betemu enggau org, ngena email correspond! Kenya cara beat the system!