Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Yesterday was a lot of things. The last lecture for one thing. Followed by trekking the muddy hill for a class picture. In our labcoats, just like our first batch picture together, on the very first day of MPharm 3 years ago. In case you're wondering, no, I'm not nostalgic or sad or anything. If anything else, I can't wait for it to be over with. I know, I'm apathetic that way.
.
.
Yesterday also saw Le Flatmates getting bimbotic on each other, we bought identical bracelets just for the heck-one-dot-fifty-pounds of it. Latently teenager-ish. Ha. The last time I bought identical anythings to mark comradeship, I was 14. I was with Stella and the Amys, exhilarated to be out of town for the choral speaking competition; we ended up buying identical rings and T-shirts. For the life of me, I never thought that I'd be doing it again. But I'm not complaining, the bracelets are pretty.
.
.
Spot the tan, that's my hand.
.
.
.
.
I was also dying for good ole chocolate cake (like how mum sis I used to make back home) and I found them when I wandered into that delightful Peckhams delicatessen. I can't believe I've never been there. The cake was so good until can die. It was aptly named the Chocolate Lovin' Spoon cake. Unfortch there's no picture because the spoons, nay forks, couldn't wait to dig in, while the coffee cups were steaming hot. I could take the picture of the almost empty box with the pathetic one fifth of a slice left, but I suppose that defeats the purpose.

.
.
It's been a good week I suppose. I spent an afternoon filing papers, so I no longer have to wade through the journals and papers which were previously lying down haphazardly on my floor. I managed to hold the spick-n-span fort for three days now. Impressive, considering the fact that this is a trying time, trying to send assignments off for marking within the deadline. I have the tendency to just drop them reading materials on the floor, see.
.
.
Which reminds me, I still have work to do. Good weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Stella said...

I remember the tshirts! haha.. and the rings.. i think i still have mine somewhere haha.. i stil have the photo too! ;)
hope u are well! xxx

Cokelatrawkz said...

That bimboish thing u say, will be the sweetest memory 10 yrs from now, I tell u. My campus' memory still haunting me till now that I will dream bout it almost every nite.

D. Maie said...

Stel,

My ring kena curi a few years back. :( But it was pretty. I now have a similar looking celtic ring somewhere. LOL.


Hi Coki,

Selamat datai ngagai ruai ku wai. That's why, I know one day I'm gonna miss these days when I'm so carefree and have social life on a tap. Sunyi sometimes if go back home for hols, tiada gelak ketawa kekawan. :)