Thursday, April 03, 2008

I stayed up til morning again, I think I spent 11 straight hours revamping the results section of my thesis. It took me way longer than I thought. It makes me a bit ticked to think that for all the effort I put in, it's going to take the markers only a few minutes to read, and mere seconds to pinpoint mistakes and no-no's in scientific writing. That's a massive part of my degree requirement in your hands yo.
.
.
It's official: I've been doing this ad nauseam! But, thank God, almost there. I can almost identify with the designers in the Project Runway programme, who are given sartorial challenges every few days to make their way up to NY's Fashion Week. I don't think it's easy making clothes, jangankan lagi having to make complete outfit within two days at the most. Sometimes they go understandably hysterical, but they still make it work.
.
.
"I don't care if you cry and cut (clothes), but you gotta cry and cut, you gotta cut at that rate. Do whatever you need to do, but you need to do, you need to work. Don't stop and cry."
- Zulema, Project Runway Season 2 -
.
.
Anyway, I found leftover fortune cookies from Chinese New Year to eat last night. Fortune cookies always say the darndest and the duh-est thing, but at least for the first time last night, I could appreciate it. Or maybe I've reached that point in the night when everything seems funny and hype-inducing (then again I had Su May for company, she makes everything hilarious). Entah. My brain cells are still a tad fried.
.
.

.
.
.
.
It's still a bit of a no-brainer, but at least it's apt. :)

2 comments:

van said...

and comforting. research projecking is evil. and evil aftereffects too. for example, now i cannot stop thinking of how i didnt divide my intro and discussion into sections. anyway, wont be around for the weekend, going monster-hunting!! as in mythical. as in loch ness. i know i come up with very obscure similes, but which is to say, as in i wont be around for sunday mass

ti3nD said...

dap dap,

spare me one fortune cookies k?

finally we can rest.!!!!!
:P