Friday, April 25, 2008

Judgement

First is a norm, second slightly fast but ok, third and fourth, whoa! but fifth in 5 years is a bit alarming. (Don't judge me cause I'm all honesty here, and that was my unadulterated first reaction). Amidst the talk of tubal ligation in the future, and the pill and what was she thinking?, I forgot that the "burden" in question is a 3 months old fetus. A fetus is a baby is a life.
.
.
It took me 2 hours to realise that, to thank God for the new life given. Regardless, a life is still a life, and we should be thankful, nevermind the problem with finances and not being able to cope. God will provide, and I can babysit. :) After all, He did say, go forth and multiply, or something to that effect.
.
.
It's easier to follow teachings of the Church when you're a hermit. But what if someone you know needs help with the family planning front? What if someone you know is a homosexual? What if someone you know is in love with someone of a different faith? I know these people, and I wish I know what to do sometimes, or what to say, because saying no, that's wrong doesn't help. But I have to say, I am thankful for these personal encounters; through them I've learned how to be less judgmental. It's hard to judge when they're your friends and you're trying to be there for them.
.
.
I have also come to realise that there are different dimensions or is it depths? to people, a human being is far too complex to be merely labelled as a good or a bad person. A person who is crude and unforgiving can also be patient and self giving at the same time. This frustrates me to no end actually, because as much as I love to hate/dislike/ignore this person, I can't, because he/she has a good side as well. The more I branch out from home, the more I learn to to accept people who are different from me, though I'm not saying it's easy.
.
.
The Catholic church says no to a lot of things, things that I, as a Catholic myself, may not neccesarily understand. Like how you can't use IVF if that means babies for infertile couples. No condoms, even if that stops the spread of HIV. Of course, there's the no pre-marital sex, no coitus interruptus (means deliberate penis withdrawal prior to ejaculation), no homosexuality, and we're only skimming the surface here, people. In trying not to bend any of these rules, and subsequent judging of others who do break them, sometimes I forget the single most important rule from The Man himself, and that is to Love one another as I have loved you.
.
.
And that means no judging. No I shall not be friends with you 'cause you're not a nice person. Not easy I tell ya.

1 comments:

Stella said...

we learn to be extremely accomodating and understanding. So much so, we question where our tolerance ends and our beliefs begin.