Monday, April 07, 2008

Temptations

I've been up since 6, which of course is great on any other days, except that last night I only had 3 hours of sleep, and the night before, only 4, and the night before, 9 hehe!, and the night before, nil!, and the night before, only 3.
.
.
Oh, I was up that early in the first place because Mich who stayed for a night was to leave Glasgow at 7, she needs to do bus up to Skye and then ferry up to the Isle of Harris in the north for her rural GP posting. She's the only person I know who's going to be sent to somewhere so ulu they supposedly only have a Co-op and no Tescos, and where the population is only 200!, and still is very excited. As long as she's with nature, she's happy. Skye is really pretty and ulu, and this is even ulu-er, so I think it will be an amazing place. Nevermind that she'd prolly be the only cina there. And to put things in perspective, the whole 4th year pharmacy gang also more than 200 people.
.
.
But anyway, Mich left my flatmate, Di a packet of refrigerators, as a thank you gift for using her room for a night, as Di is now away in Amsterdam trying space "euphemism-for-hash" cakes.
.
.
.
And I've been awake for hmmm... almost 3 hours now.
.
.
Getting hungry. Need sugar spike to keep mine eyes open through the studying.
.
.
And the refrigerators are in Di's room next door.
.
.
And I havent eaten them since the Gregorian calendar New Year.
.
.
Should I?
.

.
Ooh you know I deffo did! *goofy grin* It was fantastic. Nothing spectacular on the outside, but superb inside. Y'know, a bit like me. Ahem. So now I have to go to Marks and Spencer buy another one to ganti balik.
.

.
.
Ooh and I finally went to Waterstones last Saturday, after a few months of avoiding the bookstore, because I know trying to ship every book home will be a nightmare. But I just couldn't resist, so I bought...
.
.
.
.
I didn't know it was written by Gabriel Garcia Marquez until I got home and noticed the cover (I only read blurbs at the back).
.
.
Also got a massive 1087 pages of a historical piece by Ken Follet. And the last posthumously published book by Melissa Nathan, a modern take on Pride and Prejudice, who died of cancer this day two years ago, may she rest in peace.
.
.
.
.
I love study breaks. :)))

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi.. was blog surfing and came across yours randomly. You write very well, loved reading your entries. Just wanted to give a suggestion, if you like Follett's The Pillars of the Earth, and like historical fiction, might I suggest you try books by Sharon Kay Penman? She's an excellent historical novelist. And/or Philippa Gregory.