Sunday, May 04, 2008

Snips

An old picture surfaced in Facebook just recently - one of my mates went crazy with trips down memory lane thingy. I must have been about 15, and the photo was taken on a trip to a Kayan settlement for a youth seminar. A lovely picture now that I think of it, what's with the boyfriend's good friend, the boyfriend, the Daphne, the best friend and the sister all sitting together merry making and stuff, 'cause goodness knows it's been awhile since we all sat down together.
.
.
But oh my word, did I hate that (lion) hair. And looking at it now, yeh, I still do.
.
.
.
.
Incidentally, I happened to go crazy with the scissors last night. Before going off for evening mass yesterday I started chopping off the ends of my tresses. I've always hated the coloured remaining few inches of my hair from a hair dye-ing job two years ago. It was so addictive and extremely therapeutic that when I came back I continued cutting my hair. I figured either ways I don't have anything to lose, the snipping makes me happy and if I botched it up I can always make an appointment at the hair saloon. But it wasn't too bad, and now my hair hangs just above my shoulder. I love the fact that for the first time in many years (since I was 16), my hair is unstraightened/unpermed, and I intend to keep it that way for a while. Unless of course the first sign of lion hair of yore (refer to incriminating picture above) starts to show.
.
.
I look tame, and possibly, just possibly, younger. I hope they start asking to see my ID now before ordering at the bar.

1 comments:

Sebugey said...

All the very best in your exams.
God Bless.
Aunty Jenny.