Monday, June 23, 2008

Hired

I'll be officially jobless next Monday noon - cert in hand, but jobless. It's a good thing I'll be flying back just days after graduation. Else, I'll be bleeding money to keep myself entertained while the juniors have to go for 9 to 5pm labs and lectures. I don't envy them, Semester 6 was/is horrid. I just managed to secure myself an interim job though, so I'm happy. I was calling dad today and found myself in the almost hilarious position of having to make a pitch/proposition to dad. I was telling him that he got himself a bargain if he hires me because I can be the cook, maid, driver and tutor (for my brother). We're currently maid-less and still looking for help. He asked me how much my asking price was, I gave him a figure and dad went like, "Deal, you'll get it." I was so surprised at how easy it was, that I quickly pushed my luck a few ringgits higher. Y'know, just in case.
.
.
I didn't get it, but we both burst out laughing. So sue me, I'm greedy. LOL.
.
.
I know dad is just humouring me, but still, I hope I can prove my worth in the domestic department. I did consider trying to teach part-time, but I think I'll mati kongkiaw trying. Dad told me to just take it easy and not worry about anything after all the worrying the past one year, but I suppose it's just in my nature. I think it's fairly understandable that I start thinking about earning a keep at this phase. I'm not sure when I'm going to apply for my provisional registration.
.
.
Anyway, I'm such a t*rd, I forgot my parents' anniversary. I always always thought that it was on the 24th. Sis thought it was on the 26th. Bro doesn't even know which year they got married, let alone the date. Dad forgot. Mom been waiting since morning for anniversary wishes. She didn't get any until she brought it up.
.
.
Honest mistake, guys. Thought it was tomorrow. But anyway, happy 24th wedding anniversary!

8 comments:

BukBuban said...

Hai Fi, did i not say enjoy this moment till it last? Years later you're gonna miss it like omek says in her blog. Everything has its place under the sun. There will come a day when you are employed and got tired of office politics - lots of it. Good thing -God says there is nothing that you cannot cope with with God guiding your, omek and gavin's hands. Love dd

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Hm, about the maid thingy, sori lah, nadai vacancy agi. I got a day help, 3 days a week and she will start tomorrow. You cook dinner and help her to cook lunch. Last sunday the church asked for volunteers for the mini library - you can volunteer for that. But don't worry about paying for your keep, dik nyadi brother sitter, driver, tutor and maid supervisor ila. Gaji nemu la aku hi hi.. gaji gajah ku Mak Win, gaji makai hi hi.

D. Maie said...

Hi pak,

Biasa lah saya kan, senggaut all the time. And enda nyamai ba purpose-less, nothing to do.


La, bonda. Hampeh alu torang eh. But nevermind - more goyang kaki time for me!

Indai Dian said...

Ala, short lived glee.Was looking forward to ngasoh ani do this and do that ie send me jalan2 here n there, manggang, ngaga pies.Heehee... Nemu aku ani,we can teach sunday school to kindergardeners!

Indai Dian said...

Ladidada.. Laban dik ngetup aku dulu!huhu

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Hi, dad and I are at Changi, waiting for our flight to Heathrow at 10.55pm. Just had a light meal, now lepaking. Acih adi nuan tinggal di rumah. Di sms ia dadi, here's what he said "don't dread the long flight ahead, bcos I wish I am in your position. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself and the house".. Hi hi, sound so mature neh. I wonder sapa seduai iya inek dik nyaga sapa.Anyway nyamai ga aku ninggalka seduai laban daily helper udah berengkah gawa today and from inek's report so far so good -indu kitai iban ari Senggam, Sebauh.

Hee ila aku guyang kaki, bc 2 iku cook, bc driver ....

Sebugey said...

Hi sayang,
Congrats on passing your exams..on being a pharmacist. I forgot that your parents're on their way to see you.May God grant them a safe journey.
We'll think of something when you come to Miri.
God Bless..

Aunty Jenny

Stella said...

Hehe u want to work in HK? *please say yes* then come here! :) you can try to read my handwriting and swear it me when it reaches the pharmacy counter hehe