Monday, June 09, 2008

I'm going canoe-ing this Saturday! Joy is me! Loch Lomond's Get Active Festival will be on this weekend, and Mich and I been meaning to go to the loch for quite a while now, so we're going. They have hiking, cycling, and abseiling as well - all sounds fun. The last time I went I so wanted to canoe but nobody was up for it, so I'm super excited - if you can't already tell. We'll also be going out with Gareth this Friday for a celebration as he also made it through his exams. The pharmacy juniors are also flying in from Malaysia tomorrow and due to arrive on Wednesday - so I'm also excited to see Adeline and Ben's girlfriend again. .
.
.
My family wants me to put up pictures from Ireland vacay of yore, but I'm too lazy to deal with the pictures. I just moved in to a smaller and cozier flat, I like it better here. It's less noisy than our old residence hall, no more drunks singing loudly in the middle of the night. The lounge cum kitchen also has floor length windows and you can see it the shady leafy tree just outside the building. I could probably touch a few leaves if I try hard enough to extend my fingers that extra few centimetres - me likey, because it's so comforting. The moving day was no(t much) fun though. I had very little sleep trying to pack the last one year of my life into boxes and bags the prior night. In fact, I've been doing that for the past 2 weeks leading to the move. We were homeless for about 4 hours because we can't get keys to the new place until after the hired cleaners were done - so we were all lying down on the grass or resting in the shade of the alleys with all our possessions. It wasn't a pleasant experience - being filthy and sweaty. The worst part is that we got the highest floor again, the fourth floor. I still can't believe how we managed to huff and puff our crap up the stairs - but we did.

.

.
It finally feels like a holiday now that we've settled down again.

0 comments: