Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We took the x8 yesterday to Silverburn in Barrhead for (initially) a day of window shopping. Keyword here is window, between us we bought dresses, vests, rochet top, ruffled top, earrings and necklaces and a tie. Silverburn was impressively huge, though of course it's nothing compared to the shopping complexes back home. It's funny how the shops are all the same everywhere - every township has DP, Next, Topshop and New Look, but one can still find something new to buy. Anyway, I was such an aunty that my first buy was a pepper mill - always wanted one of those (while others were trying dresses).
.
.

.
.
Then we went to eat at Nando's. I kinda miss Nando's at Plaza Rakyat station.
.
.
.
.

.
.
We've been eating out too much since we moved in to Birckbeck Court. Lama dah dapur kami enda berasap. In our defence, we don't have much food to cook. We had massive cook-outs nights prior to the move to finish off the food, considering the fact that raw meat and whatnot will go bad during our 4 hours of aforementioned homelessness under the sun.
.
.
On Monday night we finally went to the Mongolian restaurant, Khublai Khan at Merchant City. We've been putting off the dinner since forever. I was super kemalasan, and took forever to get ready, so M wondering what was I doing quietly in my room asked, "Daphne you okay? (Did you) drop dead gorgeous?". *sweat* Ah, Miss Lame-o iteww, I'm gonna miss her rawakness. It turned out to be a surprisingly good evening (despite my "earrings crisis" - I wore different ones on both sides - Su May only pointed it out midway through dinner). For starters Di and I had yak ribs and I thought it was good. Between us, we had zebra, pheasant, venison, crocodile, kangaroo, wild boar and seafood for main courses. It was quite an experience, I must say. We get to pick our own raw ingredients - meat, vegetable and other accompaniments, as well as the seasonings and sauces. After we're done we placed our respective bowls on the counter for the chef to cook/barbecue. The traditional Mongolian way is supposed to be using blades over an open fire, or something like that, but I'm not sure if that's what the chef did. Didn't stay on to watch at the barbecue area. It did remind me of teppanyaki though.
.
.




For dessert, we tried everything on the menu - white chocolate cheesecake, banoffee, sticky toffee pudding and ice cream, saffron ice cream and cappucino mousse with lemon shortcake. It was easy considering there were 6 of us and only 6 desserts on the menu. Everything was to die for, but the best was the creme brulee. The first time I tried creme brulee years ago, it was so sickeningly sweet that I thought I was put off for life. Di reckons the creme brulee was even better than the ones from Harrods.
.
.




.
.
The waiter was amused at our ooh-aahing. The flat does feel increasingly like a sorority.

4 comments:

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Apu, amat nyamai peda aku utai di empa kita nya. Nama kita parti laban udah tembu belajar pia? Anang balat makai mang, ila sihat tubuh maya convocation.

~ming~ said...

i miss khublai khan!! zebra meat! oosh!

Stella said...

Come la HK.. I heard there is this all you can eat mongolian buffet like the one u had for like less than 5 pounds on weekdays and 11 pounds on weekends! :)
I love mongolian stri-fries.. so ezotic!

Cokelatrawkz said...

Oohh Aaaaaahhh...
i'm in heaven just by looking at the brulees...hmmm oohh ahhh... ahahahaha...