Thursday, November 20, 2008

Of God and Things

Seriously, I need a lot of things to get me going daily. Which is why my lab coat pockets are like Doraemon's, they're filled with everything. But most importantly I carry Jesus' image around, and a rosary, not as a good luck charm, but just as a reminder that I am loved, someone is taking care of me.
.
.
I read something very good today.
.
.

The everlasting God has in His wisdom, foreseen from eternity the cross that He now presents to you as a gift from His inmost heart. This cross He now sends you, He has considered with His all-knowing eyes, understood with His Divine mind, tested with His wise justice, warmed with His loving arms and weighed with His own hands, to see that it be not one inch too large and not one ounce too heavy for you. He has blessed it with His holy Name, anointed it with His grace, perfumed it with His consolation, taken one last glance at you and your courage, and then sent it to you from heaven, a special greeting from God to you, an alms of the all-merciful love of God. Our business is to love what would have done. He wills our vocation as it is. Let us love that and not trifle away our time hankering after other people's vocations.

-- St. Francis de Sales

.

Being an intern is hard. The learning curve also feels kinda steep. When it gets too crazy I'll sing psalms to myself, and it makes me feel better. Everything is passing, only God is unchanging.

.

And I met Monsignor today, as in the very Monsignor Rev. Fr. Francis Kuleh. He was parish priest at St Anthony's back home for a few years. Fancy that. I was dispensing and I was so happy when I saw his name. We chatted a while. I like to think that was God('s rep) saying hello.

.

I promise when I'm an FRP I will not be hard on the PRP's. I will not forget how hard and bewildering it was to adapt from the perfect theoretical practical labs of Pharmacy Practice, to real life pharmacy practice. I will remember the fact that I was once was at the bottom of the pecking order and I once knew nuts. I will be more patient and I will not shout.

.

I suppose I have to thank God I'm not a medical intern. At least I don't have to work straight for 36 hours. Shudder.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea that God indeed sent His most holy representative to say hello to a stressful PRP and that in the midst of all things earthly - He cares for you.Remember the unfair shouts and gentle nudges are parts of the learning experience. I know of someone (a young man) who almost quit his job within months of his joining a new organisation.The best part about facing life challenges these days is - Mr Comforter is just round the corner watching you dispensing those drugs which the patients have high hopes of healing their afflictions! God bless always!