Sunday, December 14, 2008

I have a presentation on pesticide poisoning this Wednesday. You bet I'm not done with the slides yet. Sigh. But I don't regret going back this weekend. I wasn't supposed to, but mom requested for me to come home, so I took the bus out last Friday after work. I spent Saturday morning trying to do the slides and climbing the ladder hanging up the Christmas wreaths for mom. Then I went to see my grandma and the nephews and the nieces. Seeing Aaron crawl underneath the table towards me. Snuggling with Aidan while he just contentedly sucked on his milk bottle. Holding the tiny baby Audrey. Baby steps with Anne. Trying to catch Adrian while he runs around. It was a lovely afternoon, and it helped me gain perspective somehow. On bad days I will treasure those moments with the children. Like a Band-aid to soothe the tired heart.
.
.
I also joined the annual Christmas procession, I don't remember the last time I joined the event. Probably in secondary school. Wasn't as fun as I remembered it to be, but it was still good. My favourite part was when I looked around; everyone was in white and the candlelight was gently illuminating their faces. It was a peaceful sight.
.
.
And now I shall have to do some mugging. Aih, just like the good old uni days. Hopefully this time I'll have an edge because not a lot of the FRPs are familiar with poisoning. So what, even if they shoot me badly, which I know for a fact will happen, because that is just what they have to do to PRPs, I shall think of the fact that I'll be on leave starting Wednesday next week.
.
.

0 comments: