Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Great Sad Book

I've been eyeing Cormac McCarthy's The Road for sometime now, but I never dared to pick it up, until Saturday. The book is said to be rather bleak, and the last thing I need is a depressing book. But I thought since I was home for a few days, surrounded by familiarity and comfort, why not.
.
.
It was very hard reading it till the end, that much I can tell you. But surprisingly I wanted to keep on reading it, and now 24 hours later, I'm done.
.
.
And I cried, and then I laughed, why am I crying over a book, it's not even real, and then I cried again, because it felt so real. I don't think I'm going to re-read it any time soon, but it's really good and intense. Just don't be alone. I hear they're making a movie out of it - I hope it'll be as great.
.
.
Going back again to work again on Tuesday. I'll be in satellite this month. Will be bringing the sibs along with me, since I'll be alone what's with everyone being on leave for CNY. Good to be home as usual, my sister and I been making earrings. It really is fun once you get the hang of (looping beads together, moulding and snapping wires) it. I modeled a new dress yesterday, the colour of midnight blue, for dad. He asked me, "Nangka nya ajak iya?" - is that as far as it goes?, and touches his knees (it was a bit too short). I laughed and said yes, but I can always wear leggings. "What about here, is that all?", he asked again, this time, arms crossed and touching his shoulders. Yes, that's it, but of course I'll be wearing something over it.
.
.
Something a lot like relief crossed his face. He says/asks the funniest thing, I think.

0 comments: