Sunday, January 04, 2009

High

I'm still alone at house. Note that I said house because I find it hard calling this house home. Not yet, but I'll get there. I'm starting to feel? to be? quite fond of Miri. The housemates are not back yet, airport pickup later at about 9pm. I would have to hunt down my January punch card later tonight, much like a school kid would hunt around for his or her missing name tag before school reopens. Because work resumes tomorrow.
.
.
Thanks, guys, for the lovely Christmas break, both to yang terlibat secara langsung, mahupun yang tidak langsung. The former would be the family members whom I actually spent Christmas with, the latter would be the friends back for Christmas that I met/saw. I would also like to thank the makers of PS2 for continuing to keep my siblings and I entertained, and the developers of Spartan: Total Warrior. Please, anyone out there, do not hesitate to contribute to the Daphne Needs an Xbox 360 Fund. Or you can buy any other newer toys, I don't mind, but please not a Wii, because the last thing I want to do in the evenings is move about shaking the analog.
.
.
Dang, I'm still on a holiday high.
.
.
New Year Eve's was an explosion of memories and subsequent utmost gratitude to God. My heart did funny things when my Past and Present collided, it was like waking up to a strange new reality where the two coexist, and are no longer compartmentalized. I don't know how to explain the feeling, but it's much like suddenly finding a connexion between two seemingly unrelated books, or a sense of continuity. Whatever it is, I'm relieved the two's finally merged. I love it that you might not understand what I'm saying. Because this is a heart on my sleeve paragraph.
.
.
Wica and I left the impressions of our arses on the Hilux because being monkeys we climbed to the top of the car for a better view of the fireworks. Didn't know that it's vulnerable and all soft metal up there. It was exhilarating, I spent the ride home sitting at the back of the Hilux. The traffic lights stops were odd moments though, had to look everywhere but the cars lined up behind.
.
.
All in all a good end to 2008, and a fun beginning to the new year.
.
.
Stocked on fun books and movies. I have fresh flowers in the bathroom. I have salmon and pollock in the fridge, cheese and dark seed bread, all the things that keep me happy happy happy. I'm ready for Month 3 of provisional year.

3 comments:

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Nemu aku Past and Present ku nuan nya. Angka dik. Selamat be reminiscing.

yes i'm your fird said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Daphne Maie said...

Mafamifi pafamafa!


Heheh.