Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Joie de vivre

I met the sweetest old man today. At 74, he's rather ancient (to me), but he's one of those who age well. When I called his number, he came up to me, noticed my cross pendant and asked me whether I was a Christian. I said "Yes, I am" and he exclaimed, "Praise the Lord!" Our ensuing conversation was very pleasant; sprinkled throughout with a lot of God, and it ended with a very soothing "The Lord be with you" from Nice Old Uncle.
.
.
I was in Cloud 9.
.
.
There was definitely something different about today, the way I found something to be happy about in every moment, and it started even before Nice Old Uncle. At 9am, when there was a brief lull in the number of patients coming in, I thank God for the quietness. At 1pm when my back was aching and the patient load was still heavy, I thank God for the fact that the stomach is still okay and not begging for lunch. At 5.40pm, I thank God, of course, for the simple fact that I was finally making my way home. Today, I also caught myself thinking, I love life. I've never thought that before. Today I was happy just to be, all problems just pushed to the peripheries, til there's just me and the present moment. Verily I say unto thee, a very novel thought.
.
.
It has been a very rainy (dawn) day (night) in Miri, but in my heart, I felt only sunshine. Days like these come far and few in between, in fact, today is a first in many months. For today, and for my life that you've given, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

1 comments:

feraset said...

There was a genocide in Palastine.

you should know that sadly, every person is the maid of Jews except Jews according to distorted Torah.

The attacks of Israel over Palastinians are the tactic of votion on Jenuary.Israel is the occupying government.we should prevent cruelty of Israel in Don't drink coco-cola. don't support Israel..Do not smoke marlboro. Do not support Israel

Boycott those companies, do not buy blood of children in Gaza...!!!!!!!

Coca-Cola,
Nestlé,
Johnson&Johnson,
Huggies,
McDonald's,
Carrefour,
Burger King,
KFC,
Danone,
Marks&Spencer,
GAP,
River Island,
Cinemacity,
IMAX,
Jaffa oranges, lemons and other fruits,
TESCO,
Starbucks Cofee,
Maybelline,
Lancóme,
L'Oréal,
NOKIA,
Orange,
Sky,

and their products like for example:

coffee (Nescafé), chocolate, yoghurt, clothes, cell phones, cosmetics, baby food, fast food restaurants, cinemas, perfumes, soft drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, 7up, Dr Pepper, Mirinda, water: Bonaqua, Naleczowianka - in Poland, Aqua etc.) and many others.


Beware of products from Israel. These may be also recognised by their code - read the numeral codes on the products. First 3 digits are the signature of the country of producent or country of origin. Israel is: 729... .


Boycott Israel, now!