Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dad on Relationships

My dad is so cute. He begins every email with a "Hi, love" and just 4 days ago, there was such an email. Guess what was the subject of the email?
.
.
Entering a relationship.
.
.
I don't know why my dad suddenly emailed my sister and I about it, but he did. It began with a..
.
.
"Entering a relationship is normal and part of life. There are risks one has to take. But no risk no gain. Don't expect the first relationship to work out straight away sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. If they do, you are lucky if not move on and look for new friends. It's not the end of the world and it could be a blessing in disguise and God's way of saying the person is not His choice for you. "
.
.
Then, it went on to say
.
.
"Don't worry about the man of your life he will be there when the time comes and if not it is sometimes better to be single than married to a wrong man or ending up with a failed marriage."
.
.
"Men appear nice and goody during courtship stage but his real colour shows once he captures or gets you. Test him to see if he is suitable for you. Don't fall for his tricks and deceits. Be open minded yet evaluative."
.
.
"Have a blessed day. Love, Dad."
.
.
I don't think everyone has hidden agendas, but I do very much appreciate the fact that my dad looks out after my sister and I. Sigh. I bet it's hard being parenting two girls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure he meant well and it also shows he cares..... Surely the internet has a lot of resources for guidance,too.You take care ok

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Hee hee it really tickled me when he wrote those emails to you gals, really something to blog about. You missed out on one important part of his email, the one about looking for a God-fearing man. Well, last weekend when we were in Miri, aunty Pat reminded us of what Fr Vincent said, between a God-fearing and a praying man, you'd better look for a God-fearing man!


Love, mom

InternetAddict said...

During courtship, my mom would offer my dad beer when he visits her house. Not after marriage. :(