Tuesday, February 03, 2009

post hol blues

My housemates said I look miserable. I do not dispute that, but it's not too bad inside.
.
.
I will be happy I will be happy I will be happy I will be happy coming in for work tomorrow.
.
.
So the purple finger nails will have to go by morning, and the beautiful heels (padre begs to differ, naturally) temporarily shoved aside to make way for sensible working shoes. But I guess, I guess I have to be thankful that Madam OPD Preceptor is not yet chasing me for 3 weeks worth of medication reviews, that my next CPD presentation is postponed a week from the previous date (good, because I have nothing yet on that front), and that I still have 2 weeks before the start of paeds med.
.
.
Home was great, the way it should be. I spent a lot of time at Atiyi's (a.k.a. Aunty #3) and Tuai's (Aunty #1), and grandma is always happy to see me. Bintulu really is small in the sense that I felt that I cannot go anywhere without meeting (i) Tiki, or (ii) people related to Tiki. But it's nice, the way everything is so familiar, though I find myself bringing work back home with me. It's freaky how frequent I dreamt of being in the hospital, working, and random things that I see when I sleep, like prednisolone, or atenolol formulated sausages for better compliance. Gila.
.
.
On the bright side, I'm getting better at it, this pharmacy thing. I spent time going over my aunts' meds, trying to identify what was what and I was pleased I got 90% right. But let's face it, what else can be white and a quarter of a pill if not aspirin? The 10% was because I didn't know what moduretic looks like, but now I know. It's oval and orangey-pink.
.
.
(Knock on the door. Oh, it's my copy of Pharmacy Practice Manual. Now begging to be read, the vile thing.)
.
.
I like this song. It makes me wanna go twirl and twirl around. I actually did, the twirling thing, now I'm a bit dizzy.
.

----------------
Now playing: The Postal Service - Nothing Better
via FoxyTunes

3 comments:

Indu Rumah Panjai said...

Hi anak, aku post hols blues meh, enda nyamai amat aku pulai ke rumah kemari nadai meda seduai Met, nyu keberai ai mata aku nyaya, pia mutong kek, pia singgut-singgut. Udah ga mayuh pengawa ba upis, nyu nadai mood ka makai lunch. Saritu enggau pagila nyadi flower pot aku, enggau urang convention ba Everly Parkcity - enda meh ulih relax, aku mai assignment kin, ngambi enda ngantuk mendingka urang ke bejaku...have a blessed day.

van said...

HAHAHAHA it was a stroke of genius passing that to pauline to give it to u. and postal service! lovin the way i'm steadily creeping into yr blogging stream of consciousness here.

the other day i was talking to eelynn about statins and pulled out one of mdmloi's assignments to refer things that always end up forgotten, n i noticed a tiny post it note: please redo and complete and pass up before cny. i guess we both forgot about it.

so anyway here i am doing my presentation for friday which siti already finished n passed to mschristina to looksee. sigh gah.

Daphne Maie said...

mommy!

awak memang. enda kempang nuan tama bilik kami duai rica deh? :) cheer up, u'll feel better in no time.


(psst.. quiet little Miss J moving out this weekend)


love, pippy

---------------------------------

van,

yeah, your kawasaki dx should be very afraid of cardiomyopathy, i saw christina going through the case with siti quite thoroughly. heheh. im kidding, u'll be fine.


and just so u knw, i got the postal service song from u, i think. i only realized its existence yest.

let me know if mrW managed to get the kittens to enter his trap.