Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Bun and Eunice were here for the weekend so Pris, Cris and I played entertainers. The thing that amazes me about my friends from those days is that how easily we slip back into our normal candor. Friendship shouldn't be too hard.
.
.
In the hypoperfusive state you have cool extremities because whatever blood you have in your body, most is directed away from the skin and to the core organs, to keep you going. I can identify with that. Likewise, whatever energy I have, I spend it on people that matters the most as much as I can. There are so many things going on right now that I don't need. So what if I put my family and the person I'm planning long term commitment with first? I like leaving work at work now, it's good for the heart and it makes me less of an angry person. I like having a life very separate from work. I like the things I'm inclined to do. I'm a stay-home person at heart. I'm happy to be the hand that rocks the cradle. I don't aspire to be great as the cradle that rocks the world. So sue me if I am mediocre.
.
.
I used to feel guilty for spending every weekend at home, but the more I think about it this week, why should I? I spent past weekend barbecuing and going to the beach. Went to pasar malam and tried to bargain with the lady to give us a durian discount. Having family friends over for Sunday lunch. Eating Sunday dinner at the high school best friend's home.
.
.
If it makes me happy, it can't be that bad. I have always been like this. So be happy for me, friend.

0 comments: