Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bon voyage, Nyipa

I spent yesterday morning helping C to repack his luggage because the guy is a bit hopeless when it comes to trying to maximize space. Went for Saturday morning mass before that with his family, also went to town to get last minute purchases. I'm glad for the errands, it helps me not to dwell on the fact that he was leaving in a few hours.
.
.
When the time came to say goodbye, I surprised myself by not crying. :)) My eyes teared a bit but I was acutely aware of his brother observing me and smiling (he and his dad actually had a bet whether or not I will cry at the airport), so I took a deep breath and kept myself in check. And I feigned yawning several times to hide the occassional welling of the eyes (but again, Joo2 saw me). A hug, and just like that, he was gone. One minute he was there next to me while I bising-bising a bit about him not done packing yet, the next moment he disappeared to board the plane.
.
.
Is it silly to purposely buy a deodorant that reminds me of him? May be so, but it's a bit comforting. My parents were searching for signs of distress on my face when I got back from the airport but I was okay. My sister held me awhile before I slept. In mass today, my family sat in the pew in front of his, like we do sometimes. It's comforting, to turn around and see his parents smiling at me, his brother grinning at the news from my mom that I did get upset once or twice at home.
.
.
It's hard to remain sad when the people around me has been so understanding and kind. Thank you. In fact, I am determined to be happy even when we're several time zones apart. Who likes to see a shell of a person when he gets back anyway?
.
.
Have a blessed Sunday.

1 comments:

MicHieBuN said...

dafenie!
i'm glad dat u arent as sad as expected :)
now dat u're more free..can u like add some definitions into some of the words/ phrases that u use..
coz ahbun dun undertand..
so apa tu shell of a person?
hehehe...